Kindred spirits?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by nrvsreck, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

Yeah. In a month or so I'll have my medical insurance so maybe I can get on anti-depressants. God, I hope so. My related members have always discouraged drugs, but I don't see any other way. I don't want to die, but I don't see an alternative. I don't want illegal drugs. I drink too much as it is. I'm trying to give up smoking, but there's something terribly wrong in my chest. It scares me. I'm frightened of what they're going to tell me when I go in for a physical. I'm a truck driver and in my last DOT physical (not a true pysical, just a federal requirement), the doc found blood in my urine, indicating a possibility of cancer, among other things. Honestly, I don't care about myself, but I don't want to leave my sister alone. She's what keeps me breathing. I have nothing else. I love her dearly and would do anything to protect her, so I don't want to die, unless we could die together.

I'm no kid, but I'm not an old fart either. Just turned thirty. I'll be amazed if I make it to fifty. If I can die by fourty, that'll be cool. Half way through life, but not old enough to be totally incapacitated. Jeezus... depression has been a part of my life since my earliest years. My mother suffers from it, my sister has suffered from it all her life, my step-father killed himself sixteen years ago. I think my father suffers from it, but he nevers talks about such things so who knows? I can't talk him, he's such an empty shell of a being. I love him, but... I don't know why. I have no one else. The rest of my family is dead, physically and figuratively. I can't make any friends... no one can understand me. It's my sister and my false hopes that keep me going... But I don't know how long that can last. My dillusional hopes (of a "life"! yeah, whatever) won't keep me alive much longer and even my sister can only be amateur therapist for so long. I only stay alive for her, but how long do I do that? I have a loaded rifle at the ready, and a pack of razor blades for lonely evenings. Sometimes I think about devoting everything I have, every minute I spend, helping others. I have little hope left for myself, but perhaps I can help others salvage a little hope for themselves. If I can even talk someone else out of suicide, my life would be complete and i could die in peace. I have nothing, but before I die I can give of myself to help others. But how I do I support myself in the process? I have so very little time as it is. Yet, apart from suicide, a waste as I see it, how could I give to others and still support myself? I either devote myself entirely to help others or I die. Otherwise there's no point to my existance.

Okay, so ther'es my intro. Welcome another loser.
  2. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

Your love for your sister and longing to help others (starting with me is startling). you are a very strong spirit; if you are not selfish after all this has happened to you. you just inspired me - just confirmed what i thought. we exist for others. you got it. i will pray for you. p.m me if you need to talk.
  3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Glad to have you with us :)

Take care, hope to see you around :)

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF I am glad you were so open with us and felt comfortable enough to share. Helping others can be a good reason to hold on. Remember we are here for you as well. Hopefully you get your health issues figured out and things will turn around. Depression can be as physical as it is mental. Fix the physical aspects and the mental can also be worked on. Take care. :hug:
  5. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

welcome to the forum.

if you ever need someone to talk to, i am here a lot so just PM me :)
  6. red_trail

red_trail Active Member

welcome to the board... and 4 the record... Im sure ure not a loser...

7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum.

8. BrokenPieces

BrokenPieces Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum...

9. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

hi.. i just wanted to welcome you to the sf and make you know that if you need to talk my ears are always ready for you.Take care. i´ll be waiting to know you....:biggrin:
  10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF!!!

Glad you joined us :arms:

Hope to see you around

Take care

Vikki x
  11. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

You're NOT a loser - just another lost miserable soul wanting to see the light. So do I...and once in a while, I see it. MOstly I "see the light" when I'm doing something kind for others, no matter how small a kindness - it always stirs something in my heart and makes me feel like a living being worthy of life.:smile: Welcome to the forum. You'll find us a friendly group of international peoples with all sorts of problems, and a good understanding of the problems of others. I hope you find the support and love and understanding you seek here - I'm sure you will!:smile:

12. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

Thank you all. You're all kind people. I don't want to die, but I want this all to end. I want a hole to live out my days in thoughtless stupidity...

I'm going to see a doctor tommorrow... but I feel doom is on the horizon... and death is near. I've dreaded this moment... In a way I want to know and I hope it's serious... but... it scares the hell out of me. I don't want to be told I'm mortal! :)
  13. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

regarding your not wanting to be told you're mortal.. I find some wry comfort in this quote: "Immortality: a fate worse than death.":dry:

14. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

hi and welcome
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.