Kitty is Sick

Daphna

Ninja of light
I'm throwing this here, not so much because I don't want advice as this isn't really a situation I think there is advice to give. It seemed the most appropriate place, so here it is. My kitty Calypso is sick. I took her to the vet last week. She was acting lethargic, not eating or drinking and distant. She was also hissing at her food, which seemed odd. They sedated her because she was in so much pain! I didn't even know she was in that much pain. They investigated and said she had infected spot in her mouth and throat. We were going to assume it was simple and she chewed on something she shouldn't have like a stick, but if she didn't get better to call back.

Saturday night she was drunk kitty and then she seemed to be doing much better. Tuesday she seemed tired, but I wasn't too concerned. Yesterday she stopped eating again and today she was moaning in pain. I called the vet and we went back. They said poor kitty is not good. She is a sick sick kitty. That whatever is wrong with her is not good. It's likely either feline Leukemia, cancer (tumor) or kitty HIV. She is in so so much pain. They want to do a biopsy and possibly remove the tumor tomorrow! That's how bad it is. I'm so so sad. I'm scared. This is my princess! I don't care who hears me say it. I don't care how unmanly it is. ugh.

So it's been a long day, and that's where I am. I don't even know. So we go tomorrow morning for surgery. Send off to the lab to find out what we're dealing with, and then I see if I can afford to treat it.
It is hard to see anyone suffering especially a beloved fur baby. My heart goes to you. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Daphna

Ninja of light
Calypso is doing a little better now. She's playing more and definitely more vocal today, not in a bad way just her cute little way of communicating.

I can't wait for her tunnel bed to arrive. I didn't order the playhouse, at least not yet. I know she'll use and enjoy the tunnel more. She has a little tunnel that she loves to hide in. She also likes to jump out and tag me. She won't use the bed for sleeping. She has yet to use a single cat bed for it's intended purpose.
So happy to hear. ❤️

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sending hugs and prayers to you both. I really hope the steroids and antibiotics work...
Take pictures of it when it arrives... I'm sure she'll love it almost as much as you do...

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So happy to hear that your kitty is doing much better, that is the best news I have heard all day :)

Yay 🤗🎗

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
She is doing so much better. She was just sitting my keyboard purring. We have a followup on Thursday. I'm hoping for a good report from the doctor. She looks so much better and is acting so much better. I'm hopeful.
That's great news, Nick. Wishing you the best for the follow up appointment *hug

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
She is doing so much better. She was just sitting my keyboard purring. We have a followup on Thursday. I'm hoping for a good report from the doctor. She looks so much better and is acting so much better. I'm hopeful.
Very happy to hear about this! *hug

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
That's great news :)

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
That is wonderful news about Calypso.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was too tried last night to post about how the appointment went. We got home late. The vet said it was like a completely different kitty. The one they first met was lethargic, didn't interact at all and was clearly sick. This one was jumping on everything, playing with the jars, pawing at the treats, vocal about having her temp taken (I mean do you know how they do that!) and was rather lively. At this time we won't be needing to do any further surgery. She is responding so well to treatment. They don't need to see us back for awhile. They are comfortable with her progress. I'm relived and excited. She's almost back to behaving normal and I'm so grateful. :)

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I was too tried last night to post about how the appointment went. We got home late. The vet said it was like a completely different kitty. The one they first met was lethargic, didn't interact at all and was clearly sick. This one was jumping on everything, playing with the jars, pawing at the treats, vocal about having her temp taken (I mean do you know how they do that!) and was rather lively. At this time we won't be needing to do any further surgery. She is responding so well to treatment. They don't need to see us back for awhile. They are comfortable with her progress. I'm relived and excited. She's almost back to behaving normal and I'm so grateful. :)
That's such fantastic news ❤️

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00