Klonopin question

Sorry to ask another question about klonopin but does anyone know why this medicine takes away suicidal thoughts? I mean seriously I am the old ‘me’ when I take this medication. When I wears off I am back to my old suicidal self. Why can’t there be a non addictive medicine that does the same thing?
thank you

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Sorry to ask another question about klonopin but does anyone know why this medicine takes away suicidal thoughts? I mean seriously I am the old ‘me’ when I take this medication. When I wears off I am back to my old suicidal self. Why can’t there be a non addictive medicine that does the same thing?
thank you
It's not really meant to take away suicidal thoughts, but if your suicidal thoughts are linked to stress and anxiety in any way, then yeah, it can take them away.

Klonopin and other benzodiazepines attach to receptors called GABA in the brain. The lower your GABA levels, the more stress, anxiety, and mood disturbance you might feel. Klonopin increases GABA to reduce these feelings. Just as well, it blocks electrical impulses from the nerve center of the brain, creating a calming feeling.

This is why, in a previous post on one of your other threads, I recommended Neurontin to you (generic name: Gabapentin). It's called GABApentin because it essentially does the same thing that Klonopin does in the sense that in increases your GABA levels. However, like I said before, even though it works on the same area of the brain, it does not work as well as Klonopin and other benzos as far as relieving anxiety, and it does also cause withdrawal if you've been taking it for a while. But having said that, it isn't a narcotic.

It's not really meant to take away suicidal thoughts, but if your suicidal thoughts are linked to stress and anxiety in any way, then yeah, it can take them away.

Klonopin and other benzodiazepines attach to receptors called GABA in the brain. The lower your GABA levels, the more stress, anxiety, and mood disturbance you might feel. Klonopin increases GABA to reduce these feelings. Just as well, it blocks electrical impulses from the nerve center of the brain, creating a calming feeling.

This is why, in a previous post on one of your other threads, I recommended Neurontin to you (generic name: Gabapentin). It's called GABApentin because it essentially does the same thing that Klonopin does in the sense that in increases your GABA levels. However, like I said before, even though it works on the same area of the brain, it does not work as well as Klonopin and other benzos as far as relieving anxiety, and it does also cause withdrawal if you've been taking it for a while. But having said that, it isn't a narcotic.
Thank you. Your explanation is better than the one i received from my doctor. All she said when I asked her was that klonopin ‘calms you’. I just find it amazing how much better I feel when I take klonopin. I enjoy life like I used to,,,I am motivated, etc. When it wears off, I am back to my anxious, depressed self. Need to somehow find a permanent answer to this madness. Thank you again,

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00