Knowing that life is passing you by?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HomerSimpson, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

Does anyone else wake up each and everyday and realize that life is passing them by? That you say okay it is time to change it, but just feel as if you do not know how to change it or even where to start, or most of the time just feel as there is no hope for change.:sigh:

2. hypothermia

hypothermia Member

I feel you :(. It will get better... i think that we must never surrender and keep on trying. :sigh:

3. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Yeah, every single day. I want to change it but most of the time just don't have the motivation to do so.

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

increasingly with every passing year. The amount of things that would have to change for me to feel otherwise make an overwhelmingly long list. Many of those things are beyond my control. For now I just live hour by hour. I don't know what else to do.

5. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

I guess so. Have been feeling lonely for years. I do not actually want to change anything because I think the good things would just come by. I think patience is the most valued virtue in all this. If opportunities come, I seize them. But, then, I don't blame anyone for being a failure always and I end up feeling so low. So, yeah, I guess life is becoming more pointless for me each and everyday.

6. japanlover

japanlover Well-Known Member

100% correct. I know this was created in the depression forum and maybe that was the intent of this thread. But I am not depressed. I am frustrated that im so damn retarded. What you said is exactly what im talking about.

7. Cowburn

Cowburn Well-Known Member

I can relate, I feel like I've achieved nothing in the past two years :(

8. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I feel you, just like the other posters above do. :hugtackles:

9. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I can feel the same at times. I usually just hide away in my head, talk to myself or some made up being. It can be easier that way, for me atleast.

10. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

I look at it like this...if there was a mountain in front of me and I had to climb it to achieve something, it would be easy because you would know what you had to do to get to your goal. Now, I simply feel as I am in a dark closet and I have no idea where the door is. No idea where to start or what to do.

11. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

:hugtackles:

That's a great way to explain what you mean (the dark closet and mountain comparison). I can sort of understand. :thumbup: Like, for example, sometimes I don't know how to figure out which things I can change in my life to make me go 1 step forward towards feeling better. Lots of changes might bring me backwards and waste time, thus leaving me frustrated and unmotivated.

12. jlc20m

jlc20m Well-Known Member

Yes, I feel like this each and every day. I'm so unhappy with my life. So many things need changing. But, I'm paralyzed with fear and in the end, do nothing to help myself. I'm very angry with myself for being so weak, but I don't how to improve things for myself. I'm afraid I'll be 50 and haven't lived. Survived, existed, yes, but not lived. Depressing and demoralising:sigh:. I don't know how much more of this I can take, really...

jlc20m:blue:

13. Patches

Patches Active Member

I can relate to everyone in this thread. Lately that feeling is getting stronger. With me, I do have some kind of idea of what I need to do to get out if this place but I'm so afraid of trying and failing or being rejected that it's easier to stay where I am. Which is stupid, because I'm so unhappy and that's really not easy at all.

14. NiceGuYKC

NiceGuYKC Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. I've decided to do something about it and stop feeling sorry for myself. I'm sick of spending most of my time in front of a tv or computer, especially at weekends.

I'm making a big effort to get a decent social life again. I just need to get out more often. Meet new people and hopefully someone special.
    It's a start anyway.

15. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

That looks like pretty me too. I'm always having a hard time when it comes to decision-making. I don't know how to be confident about something because I actually don't have any idea where to start moving or if I'm in the right track. And so, my life remains empty. Unable to move out.

16. roscho

roscho Well-Known Member

Homer,

Your analogy was spot on. I know I've struggled for many years trying to "win" at a challenge that was not winnable.

I have finally taken steps to remedy the situation by quitting that challenge. Admitting defeat, and removing myself from the relationship.

All I know is I've been successful beyond my wildest dreams before, so I must have some good qualities. I'll stumble a bit, for sure, but I'll get back to where I can win again. This challenge will be much easier than what I've endured for 15 years.

17. twofeet

twofeet Well-Known Member

Getting old lit a fire under my butt. I've got so much to do, things I have chosen to finish. I still want to die, fantasize about ways that can happen, but don't have time anymore to concentrate on my own misery. You're going to be bothered anyway (call it life:sax), whether you do something (scary, embarrassing, making mistakes:poo:) or don't do anything (hopeless, bored, lonely:lone:). Make your choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.