Knowing you can die?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TaylorCameron, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaylorCameron

TaylorCameron Member

I've attempted suicide seriously on two occassions ( both overdoses).My father's intervention and medical treatment saved my life.About two months ago,I thought of a more natural way to end my life,it's more natural than an overdose,it's much simpler.It does hurt though.I won't say what it is.

Has anyone ever felt a LOT better after knowing that they can escape if they want to? People have been asking what's changed,why I'm so much happier and functional,as well as positive.I'm not an any meds,I even stopped seeing a therapist.I seize the day,and make the most of it.I'm happier knowing that life is not a cage :)

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, when I was in the depths of depression and extremely suicidal..tbh, I did feel better knowing I could end my life at any time I wanted. But like you, I was 'saved'. I woke up days later in ICU after coming out of a coma. Suicide is not the answer, there is always other ways.

3. Senada

Senada Well-Known Member

They say people get happy and positive once their suicide is complete planned. And for a family member of mine that sure was the case - I'd never seen him that happy tbh. He was all around making plans with people, really sparkling. A few days later he's gone.

Suicide is never the answer though. Please give that a thought.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is the control you know you have it now but hun it is better to reach out ok to get the help you deserve and need to win against the depression Hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.