Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by WhyMeWhy, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

People either like or dislike labels so much, it's simply like being categorized(for lack of a better word). Have you ever been labeled? How would you feel if you were to be labeled? And what have you been labeled, if so? I've been labeled:

Mansonite Big suprise :laugh:
    Addict (oh god in merciful heavens no) :rolleyes:
    Mentally Ill :blink:

Blah blah, so on and so forth..... it's the evil labels that get people's attention like thief or serial killer. So I suppose there are "good" labels & "bad" labels out there everywhere..... even labels that should not exist, for they mean nothing(gay)..... any thoughts?
  2. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

why do you care?

it would be a bit anarchic of me to start labelling people i knew
  3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I don't like them, unless I'm sure what I'm talking about and I feel strongly inside that I identify with that term. Recently I've used the word 'manic' because I feel different from my usual floating-drifting-daydreamer-ness that I usually am. Maybe I like the label "daydreamer" as I identify with that :wink:. I've been told I'm "a romantic" :rolleyes: because I'm very "emotional" which makes me cringe a bit. Oh, I've been told I'm an "emo" because I can be "moody." I have been said to be "sensitive" too. I've had a lot of labels thrown at me. Back to mania- maybe I haven't been 'manic,' I've just been going through a natural process, as "manic" suggests something abnormal. I know I'm 'a woman' though, regardless of what others might assume. I suppose I'm just getting used to being 'a woman' on my very personal terms, rather than others'.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  4. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I've recently and formerly been to places where labels are used widely & often.

Exactly what I was looking for in a response, your opinion. :biggrin: I'm not asking anyone to label others.
  5. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

hmm what labels have I had;
    Crazy, weird, grunge, grub, looser, retard, genius, aspie/asperger/ass burger, depressed, impulsive...
    Those are the things that stick the most out in my mind as labels I have had through life.
  6. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I don't really know what you mean but I've been called a bitch a psychopath, antisocial, stupid, shy..... do I agree with any of them? No.
  7. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

ok, i'm going to admit to having formed an opinion, only on the basis that its hard to portray sarcasm on an interweb forum thingy, and you weren't to know that was the intent:biggrin:
  8. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

"strange" and "quiet"
  9. ybt

ybt Guest

Kidding on that last one.
  10. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

"Label me and you negate me" - Sören Kierkegaard
  11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't really care if people label me. They're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless. I'm not gonna give 'em the satisfaction of letting it bother me.
  12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I don't care if I am labeled or not. It always amuses me, the conflicting labels I have gotten.

Ice Queen

Intellectual snob (recurring)

Weird (recurring)

Stuck-up (recurring)

Satan (recurring)

Hmmm...what is my personal favorite? I think I like Evil the best, but Ice Queen is a close second, although "Satan" is always a treat :tongue:

Notice the contrasts here...

It always cracks me up :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.