Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Sardonia, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Sardonia

Sardonia Well-Known Member

Um, okay.... I know that many people will say that labels don't matter, and that I shouldn't worry about it, but I'm just wondering.

I've been dating a girl for four months now but I've liked guys before that. I've only ever had "crushes" on guys and I feel something more for the girl. So would that make me lesbian? or bi curious? or just bi? Does only ever liking one girl make me bisexual or lesbian, or am I just weird?

I'm sorry if this seems like an ignorant question, but it's not a question I can ask my friends (because they don't know) and I'm genuinely curious as to what sexual orientation I am. I apologize for seeming ignorant or ranting, and thank you to anyone who decides to answer.
  2. stig

stig Well-Known Member

Hi sardonia. to be honest I don't know either, possibly all of the above, Ultimately though it doesn't matter, what matters is that you are happy and that you are ok with your situation
  3. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think labels matter that much. If you can find a person that makes you happy, whether guy or girl, then nothing else should matter.

In your situation, I'd say you shouldn't worry too much about it unless the little 'crushes' for guys gets in the way of being happy with the girl you're dating. I wish I could give a more direct answer, but I'm not really qualified to make these sort of validations.
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

You are not weird and labels are meaningless I would say don't worry about what you might be labeled as.

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

We cannot define you, you have to figure it out yourself.
    I always said i was bi, but i came out recently as a lesbian.
    I feel better in myself for realising this, and being myself. but that does not mean you are gay or bi.
    you have to figure that out yourself.
    and theres nothing wrong with either.
    Pm me if you need to
  6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I'd just go along with whatever feels right. If you fit in with a label, then you can use it if you want, but don't try to force yourself to fit with society.
  7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

You can call yourself what ever you want. Human sexuality is extremely fluent, so I wouldn't fuss over it :tongue:.

You love who you love :) :hug:.