lack of concentration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallflower

Can't seem to get myself to read a book. I just can't force myself to stare at the words and read them. I know I obviously can read. I know that the words aren't difficult to understand, but my mind is so slow that it's just too much of an effort. I started taking concerta and have been taking it a lot. Someone has told me that I shouldn't because I have symptoms of schizophrenia...but this lack of focus is scaring me more than anything. How can I learn to drive, to navigate, how can I become a writer if I can't do what I need to do. I can't learn. The concerta helps somewhat but it also makes me sort of destractable. Are there any other medications I should look into for this sort of thing? I dont know if this is the right thread for this sort of thing.

jhayes0027

I would actually like to know about this as well. I've always had a problem concentrating. Never have taken medication for it, but never have talked to anyone about it either. Though I did finally sit down and read a couple of books a couple weeks ago. One I just found too interesting, the other I forced myself to read at least one hour a day so that I would learn from it. Even made spots on my desktop to remind to read one hour a day and get off the pc.

F

Freddy

I have concentration problems as well. If someone tells me more than 3 things (more or less) I rapidly begin to forget about everything they just told me. Often I cant read either. It feels awful.

F

Freddy

It really does have an impact on your life. It prevents you from getting a good education or good grades. It also effects your work performance. When others tell you something you tend to forget it easiliy or unable to comprehend the instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00