Lack of Happiness when Expected most

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by MiraWolf95, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

Isn't there just a time where you'd be expected to be very happy but you just aren't? Like a holiday or some news you heard. I often feel like I'm a demon or something if I'm not happy about things that most people would be happy about. Sometimes I even have to take quite a bit of harsh names. For example, I'm the only person who isn't to crazy about my first little sister being here in a couple of weeks. So many people I know about are having babies nowadays that it really doesn't surprise me like it should or hype me up. To me hearing the words "I'm pregnant!" from someone is like hearing "I just bought a new shirt!". Common and nothing for me to get hyped about. Please no name calling or long lectures about my pessimistic attitude, this is the site I'd least expect that from. People coming into the world just has no affect on me. I'll fake a smile and congratulate people but thats pretty much it. I just don't feel the happiness right now that I should feel. But yeah, is there a holiday or some type of news that just doesn't affect you? Perhaps you're like me? I'd love to hear if somebody else was like me so I wouldn't feel so horrible about how my brain works. By the way, Thanksgiving seems to have this odd lack of happiness effect on me as well. :/

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate section by the way. If something I said has upset you, don't let it. ♥
    Don't judge anything poorly that anybody may say here, as well as what I said. :)

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

It's like that with holidays for me. I'm waiting for school to be over and then we're finally on holidays and I feel.....nothing....

Then of course I do nothing for the entire holiday break. So there's just moments of complete boredom. But I tend to blame the depression for my lack of excitement. I seem to expect the holidays will bring on some euphoric feeling and then it's like..."Nope! None for you!". -___-

Last time anyone I knew that had a baby would have been my auntie, and I can't remember how old the kid is now. Maybe a couple of years?...Ugh. Fuck. That reminds me.....christmas. Mmmmm...hate meeting up with relatives..too many annoying people.

3. MiraWolf95

I remember in the past I would have to meet up with a ton of relatives I didn't like. I mean at the time I was a little kid, so I was only told good things about relatives so therefore I only saw good things. As I got older though I saw peoples true colors and started dreading being around them, until it got to a point where I despised them so much that I couldn't be around them anymore cause we would start arguing or something. Most of them kicked me and my mother out of all family activities by 13 years old. Since I don't have to be around them anymore, I do view the holidays as a bit of a more peaceful time now, but lonely and somewhat incomplete without everybody. I'll remember the good days where all I saw was the good in people and I was happy about everything. I also blame my depression for not getting to hyped up about much anymore. Pretty much how I'm doing at the moment about my first sister going to be here in a couple of weeks. The whole pregnancy I kept telling myself I'd gain some happiness eventually about it, hasn't happened yet.

4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

yeah i understand it too.

too me everything just seems so 'artificial' and fake like nothing really matters anyway so why be happy about it.

the problem is IMO people get excited over pathetic, small things
    ok so somebody did 'X' ('X' being gave birth, won a talent show on tv, did something 'popular'), ok all well and good but billions of people have done and will do the same. why should i care about this one act?

something like the cure for cancer would be worthwhile,

5. MiraWolf95

EXACTLY!

Finally someone else that thinks like I do. Thats how I am. Common things just don't make me happy anymore. A change for the good like the cure for cancer would. Recently I've had to hear stuff from my mom like "You're cousins wife just had a baby!, 3 of my friends are pregnant now to!", etc. People often say I ask for to much and I'm not grateful for stuff at all. I am grateful, just not that happy about it. Common stuff around the world.

6. perry_mason

well im glad im not the only one!

honestly i used to think i was an asshole thinking like that because everyone else liked stupif shit but now i dont care and say fuck it anyway.

seriously, i think other peope are mostly wrong or stupid about it all.

7. MiraWolf95

:)
    I still feel like an asshole sometimes about it all, only because my family and friends make me feel like one by taunting me about it. I don't think people are wrong or stupid about feeling happy for stuff like that, its what makes them happy. However I do think most people take stuff to seriously if someone doesn't feel the exact same way.

8. perry_mason

you shouldnt feel bad and its wrong for your parent to taunt you about it.
    ok it might make them happy, but its still pretty irrelevant to you so you shouldnt have to feel the same way. yeah people get all pissy over the smallest thing and that is stupid really. why worry about it all?

9. MiraWolf95

I know right.
    Haha also whenever I do something thats considered 'great', my parents will be like "OMG I'M SO PROUD OF YOU WE HAVE TO CALL SO AND SO" and I'm like "okay? Its not that amazing."

10. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

It means a lot more when it happens to you, and I think people are far too blinded by their immediate glee about getting pregnant and getting to have a child and they expect you to be as happy.

No.

I get all happy when the person I love and I have a great time but if I hear some other couple did why should I care at all? I shouldn't.

11. MiraWolf95

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.