Lack of Self-Esteem

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ironicminion, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironicminion

ironicminion New Member

That is the reason we are all here. We can move past it and realize suicide is a cowardly action that solves nothing; as you are DEAD and you have proven nothing to the living; you are just gone and do not know it. Religious interpretations and thoughts are beyond this simple fact. No one will ever agree on those... :poo:
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Let's all just 'move past' our lack of self esteem.

Oooh yes! If only it were THAT easy! :rolleyes:

Believe me I'm working on it, but I can't say it'll soon come.

Suicide is a cowardly action - yes.
    That solves nothing - not exactly a true statement.
  3. X-51

X-51 Active Member

If death, is not enough to acquire the attentions of the living, is that not proof positive of a pointless, and vapid existence?

*harumph.* Methinks such simplistic answers to individual quandries are less helpful than they were perhaps, originally intended.

I would wager, that plenty of the posts and even suicides in this world are related to people who have no justification for behaving in such a way and are just seeking attention because negative emotions are the only way they know they can get it.

The kid that screams at the slightest cut, because he knows mommy will come...

However, there are the precious few who's lives for reasons that may be valid or contrived, are complete shit and genuinely need help.
    If you can tell them apart, you might save a life. If not, you might push someone the wrong direction. Good luck with that.

My parents were great. My childhood decent, if ravaged by poverty. My issue is purely intellectual. For others, it's a physical issue of abuse. Others drugs.

I'm afraid your "build a bridge and get the fuck over it" philos is perhaps, a bit flawed and the diagnosis a tad hasty.
    I do however, admire your initiative.

Perhaps you assume others feel this way, because you feel this way? If so, tell your tale. There are a great many here it would seem who might be interested in lending an ear, at the very least.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.