Ladies/Gentlemen .please answer :)

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unreganonymousposter, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before you ask, I am a registered user(not a troll lol)

Serious question,

If you had slept with lets say 20 guys in the past and your new boyfriend asked you how many guys you've been with would you tell him the truth or lie?
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Truth. Always truth. If the truth causes problems, ditch him.
  3. Celebrated Thing

Celebrated Thing Well-Known Member

I would tell him the truth. Its my sex life, not his, so he really shouldnt be prodding me anyways, at least without a great reason. Most importantly I would be honest and if he tries to make me insecure about my sex past Id leave. Its my past and Im not apologizing for it.
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

If he's your "new" boyfriend then maybe I'd fabricate. Or you could just say my fair share or something lol. Once you get to know him better and hopefully he's a trustworthy guy, you can tell him the truth if it comes up again.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Truth. I'd rather be open and honest from the beginning. If you fabricate and then it comes up later, he might be pissed that you weren't honest with him.
  6. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I agree with Iloveyou. Try skirting around it until you know him better, then you'll know how he'll react.
    You'll probably have to tell him eventually.
  7. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Truth, you expect him to be honest with you, so don't lie or mislead him.
  8. Sad_Rabbit

Sad_Rabbit Well-Known Member

I don't disclose this information. The past stays in the past. It's no one's business but my own. If a person I'm dating can't deal with it, then it's their problem, not mine.
  9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

My partner knows pretty much everything about my past and I think it's the best way :smile:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Truth...We live in a more liberal society so it shouldn't matter how many...
  11. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Indeed, honesty is the best policy.
  12. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

But your new partner doesn't need the "details"...the who, when, why, what, how...As long as they are in the past and nothing like a pregnancy/STD could be an issue NOW and you're not involved with these past people or others and won't be involved with anyone else as long as you're involved with the current bf, then "details" about the past are irrelevant. If there's an STD, abuse, someone who is still causing trouble, a pregnancy or child who could become a custody issue, I'd mention them - but still assure the new person that they are #1, the past relationship is the PAST and you're dealing with any carry-over so it's not a problem now.

Hope that's not too jumbled.
  13. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

the best relationships are based upon honesty and trust.

if it was me i would tell him and expect him to be honest with me as well.
  14. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

If he's just going to be number 21 out of 50, feel free to lie. If you hope that it might go somewhere serious, either tell the truth or keep quiet. Lies never work as a foundation for a real relationship.
  15. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

.... my opinion only......

if it is someone that is not important in my life, he would not be asking that question

(((if he asked it and is not important to me, he'd get a little swat and a shush)))

if he is someone that matters to my heart, he will know all about me, but it usually happens gradually, because if he loves me, it would not matter.

lying however, only builds walls that separate and divide.
  16. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

keep it honest, to be honest. :lol: ive been on the guy's end (hell! im the guy!!) and the "lied-to-you-about-my-past" situation isnt my favorite road.

if he means something, then your past is worth the embarrassment, if any
    if not, then is he worth the embarrassment that could come?
  17. Alicewonders

Alicewonders Member

It's none of his damn business. If he's asking you, he's just asking you so he can bully you about it. Tell him to go to hell.
    Ditch him. Any guy that asks you that question is just looking for trouble, and you are the one who will be the recipient of all that trouble.
  18. shades

shades Staff Alumni

The truth. Because if he finds out, the relationship will probably fail. Also, if he's worth it, he should appreciate the honesty. And since he's asking you, maybe you should be asking him how many girls he's been with. Also, you could answer "a few", and not give him an exact number. That should suffice!

Personally, I never asked a girlfriend or potential gf how many guys she's been with.
  19. tls5669

tls5669 Active Member

First off Id question as to why they were asking. Im too honest for my own good, so Id tell him. Heck if he wants to be a jerk about it that should tell you something right there, then gloat about it. Heck the few GF's Ive had and Ive never been asked, sounds like something an insecure person would ask.
  20. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

I would dump him on the spot. If he's asking, then it's clearly something that bothers him, and whatever answer you give will probably be used to make a character judgement on you, or be thrown back in your face at some point. I agree, it sounds like he's insecure, and it's probably not worth the hassle.

My opinion only, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.