Ladies only, please. I'm concerned...

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by KittyGirl, Oct 27, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Please move or delete this post if it's in the wrong place. I didn't know where else to put it.
    And please guys-- don't read any further unless you are a doctor. It's embarassing.

Ahh... I know I tend to get paranoid quite often when it comes to getting pains or just feeling unwell, for the past couple of days though, I've been getting sharp lasting pains similar to body growing pains (as I remember them, anyways...) in my chest. It's pretty much all located in and around my breasts - and it doesn't feel anything like any pain I'd normally get when I P.M.S- it's something new.
    They last pretty much all day and night-- almost a tense feeling... on the outside of my body... not my heart or lungs- not my skin or muscle. I'm familiar with those types of pain and this does not feel like that.

I'm 22 and stopped growing before I was 18.
    My mom told me that her breasts stopped growing by the time she was 17 (until she had children)
    There's no possible way I could be pregnant short of any 'immaculate conception' and I don't think it's a muscular pain - but I don't feel any lumps or anything.

Has anyone else felt this before?
    Should I set an appointment to get a mammogram done?
    ...should I stop freaking out or do I have reason to panic? -__-'
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I don't know that you have a reason to panic, but probably best to see your doctor just to make sure.

How long has it been going on for? Hurt to touch?
  3. KittyGirl

It's mostly just whenever I move that it hurts- and I can feel the constant pain when I'm just sitting or lying down. Not to touch-- the pain doesn't get anymore intense at all.

I told mom: "Maybe I'm just too old and gravity finally has a hold of me?"
  4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

:laugh: you are a bit too young for that.

Have you a new bra that's maybe ill fitted?

I was thinking maybe a pinched nerve but that would be more isolated.

Or how about that fake pregnancy thingo that some people get? :eek:hmy:
  5. KittyGirl

lol-- oh, right!

well... psychologically; I do not believe I'm pregnant. I don't want to be pregnant. I am not pregnant.

and umm... my period has actually been pretty regular the past half a year.

I dunno XD
    I'm not ready to have a fake baby!!
  6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

How about any rashes?

I seem to remember having something similar about 2 years ago, but it just went away after a few days.

Maybe from all your house moving there are some sore muscles that are connected to your breasts and that's why they are sore. I know you said not muscle pain, but it might be ....ok at this point i am just making shit up :laugh:

If it lasts much longer, go to your doctor and get checked up (out :p). May as well put your mind at ease.
  7. KittyGirl

no rashes-- and all the other muscle pains I had from moving have been gone for a week.

I dunno...
    guess I'll have to wait and see.
    (and freak out as I wait. wahh!!)
  8. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

At your age it's pretty unlikely that it's anything too sinister.

Sanitised :hug: for you ;)
  9. Malou

Malou Well-Known Member

Sometimes problems "inside" the body can manifest themselves as pain in more superficial parts. It's called referred pain. Sometimes gastrointestinal problems can do that.
  10. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

I went to my doctor with breast pain, and she told me that cancer does not usually show up as pain. You can also search the web for more information. I had to search it a few weeks ago and got the same information. As Domo said though to be sure see your doctor. Good Luck
  11. KittyGirl

Oh, that's good.

I tried looking it up online, but any of the answers I found told me that it was a beginning sign that I am starting to produce milk.
    ...\lol wut?
    They're not getting any bigger- nipples aren't getting more sensitive or anything... and there's no way I would be pregnant- so I'm 99% sure that is not the right conclusion.

Still hurts today. I'm going for a physical next month, so I think unless it gets worse- I will just wait until then to see my doctor and will ask him about it.
  12. Kmun

Kmun Active Member

Hi I have just come across this from someone on face book, I googles it and sounds similar to you?? It's called costochondritis and it a chest pain for unknown reason. Anyway I'll let you read and see what you think! I just saw it and thought of you :) xx
  13. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

See your doc, occasionally mine ache when i'm due on, on, or just coming off my period!