1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

laid off again

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

And this time, it's for good. I'm not gonna make an effort to look for a job. I thought about getting a gun. I just don't want to try anymore.

I was a part timer, so I never missed a day of work. So the boss says due to budget cuts we have to lay you off. Well, at first I was disappointed and heartbroken. Then I thought that everything in life reaches it's end. I'm 43. And honestly, I'm ready to give up now. I fucking hate people more than ever.

I wish I had cancer or some fatal disease to hasten the process. Instead I have annoying sinus and lung congestion that lower the quality of my life. I've had it ever since I can remember. I can't even stand being around myself

I have a doctor's appointment Friday. I'll tell her about my suicidal ideation and maybe she can help me.

In case you no longer hear from me. Life failed me. I didn't fail life.

2. I hear you man.

What are you hoping your doc will tell you? I was disappointed in my psych visit. Not much practical help, they are heavily understaffed, are you looking to get a prescription?

What kind of work do you do? Would you be more interested in life if your career got back on track?

I understand the wish for diseases, rather than get a cushy brain tumor or bowel cancer im stuck with Proctalgia Fugax, which is intense and unpredictable anal pain. Wonderful.

3. pit

pit Well-Known Member

She'll probably prescribe Prozac. I really could use an antidepressant right now, I guess.

I feel for your disease, man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.