laid off again

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

And this time, it's for good. I'm not gonna make an effort to look for a job. I thought about getting a gun. I just don't want to try anymore.

I was a part timer, so I never missed a day of work. So the boss says due to budget cuts we have to lay you off. Well, at first I was disappointed and heartbroken. Then I thought that everything in life reaches it's end. I'm 43. And honestly, I'm ready to give up now. I fucking hate people more than ever.

I wish I had cancer or some fatal disease to hasten the process. Instead I have annoying sinus and lung congestion that lower the quality of my life. I've had it ever since I can remember. I can't even stand being around myself

I have a doctor's appointment Friday. I'll tell her about my suicidal ideation and maybe she can help me.

In case you no longer hear from me. Life failed me. I didn't fail life.
  2. I hear you man.

What are you hoping your doc will tell you? I was disappointed in my psych visit. Not much practical help, they are heavily understaffed, are you looking to get a prescription?

What kind of work do you do? Would you be more interested in life if your career got back on track?

I understand the wish for diseases, rather than get a cushy brain tumor or bowel cancer im stuck with Proctalgia Fugax, which is intense and unpredictable anal pain. Wonderful.
  3. pit

pit Well-Known Member

She'll probably prescribe Prozac. I really could use an antidepressant right now, I guess.

I feel for your disease, man.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.