Language denying education

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by shades, Jan 11, 2010.

1. shades

shades Staff Alumni

That's very interesting...I was considering moving to Iceland some time back.

Maybe they are trying to prevent their population from leaving! That's the only thing I can think of.

****By the way, the timer is messed up and my post should be under the thread-starter below!
  2. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Thanks to the wonder that is the Icelandic educational system, I won't be able to reach University. Why? Because of languages. I can speak and write English and Icelandic pretty well, but I can't grasp grammar. And I need to be able to write, speak, and so on, 4 fucking languages to graduate? Fuck you. Icelandic, English, another nordic language and a fourth language? No. Did you know that there are places where one is enough? And they actualy learn useful/interesting shit instead? Did you? Yes? So why the FUCK do we need to learn useless shit we'll forget the week after graduation? Understanding German and Danish will not help me AT ALL when learning physics in a university. And, unless I remain in Iceland, neither will Icelandic. I already finished english, you fuckwits. If I were to move to, say, England, that'd be fucking ENOUGH. Which, by the way, has better schools.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go work washing toilets or whatever it is uneducated people do.