languages

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by LSD, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSD

LSD Well-Known Member

idk how to made a poll but :p
    but .. i wonder how many peps from here .. are actually.. english speaker.. i mean as first language

english is my second language :3
    spanish is my first
    and thats all the languages i know

2. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

I am a native German speaker, however I am fluent in English as it is now my first language since I moved to the UK. I speak a little Spanish and I took 4 years of French in school but I dont remember much.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2008
  3. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

chinese is the mother tongue i suppose since i was brought up in chinese speaking family,
    indonesian will be my second language
    another local dialect
    english would be the third by order, but english is a much more effective and efficient to put across my thoughts and i love it
    (i'm kind of waiting till someone post: C++, html or Java :laugh: )

4. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

:laugh::laugh:

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

lmao you wanted someone to post html? well i'll do it for you:

I *used* to be very fluent with html, but after years of non use I've forgotten it. =P happy?

anyway back to REAL languages... I can speak English (obviously), Mandarin and Japanese.

TDM

6. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

my mother tongue would be Dutch and a dialect from where I grew up (which is basically.. well a mix between Dutch and German. Many people who don't know German think I'm speaking German whenever I'm speaking in the dialect).
    I speak the dialect with family and some friends who grew up in the same area as me.
    After that there's English. And I often catch myself thinking in English, even when speaking Dutch, which results in me throwing in English words in a Dutch conversation cos I can't think of the Dutch word :unsure: And sometimes I put Dutch sentences in an English structure :huh:

Other than that I can speak a fair bit of German.

And the languages I had at school (6 years of French, 4 years of Latin, 3 years of Spanish and 2 years of ancient Greek), I can only speak a tiny bit. French and Spanish more so than Greek and Latin , hehe.

7. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

I speak English, basic german and British sign language

8. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

English is first language and Welsh is second, although I'm not all that fluent in Welsh.

9. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

First language: Croatian
    Second language: English
    Third language: Hungarian

10. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

So far I can only speak English fluently.
    I am trying my best to learn Japanese and Mandarin.

11. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

my main language is portuguese, and i also speak english and a bit of french

12. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

English, learnt a bit of German in high school.

13. janie

janie Well-Known Member

english, 1337 lol,

i wish i could speak japanese y_y

14. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

My First language is English
    Took 4 years of Latin (although it is a dead language... no one speaks it lol)
    I also know pieces of German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Croatian, Japanese, Italian, Russian, and a tiny bit of African (south africa dialect)... all learned from having Au-pairs growing up...

Caroline

15. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

English is my third language. :D

Aside from that, I can speak Slovenian, Serbo-Croatian, German, French, and Japanese. I've also studied Latin for quite a while, and know enough Spanish to be able to get around in a Spanish speaking country.
    Bits and pieces of Russian are also intelligible to me. ^^

16. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

My native tongue is English and I am fluent in French. I can also read mid-level Italian, but I can't really speak it :)

17. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Mamma Mia!

18. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Fluent in English, can speak fairly good German, and a very small amount of Russian.

19. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm a native English speaker, know some German and want to learn more languages

20. Xscapeply

Xscapeply Well-Known Member

My native language is Norwegian, and I'm fluent in English. Apart from that, I know a little bit of Spanish, and I'm learning French in school. Oh, and I can understand Swedish (and kinda speak it, but not well), but that's not really a big accomplishment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.