LAP Band surgery to curve over eating

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mordeci, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

So I decided to have a Lap Band surgery in order to loose weight and curb my over eating problem, for thoese that don't know about it the procedure is that they go through the belly button and wrap a small silicone band around the stomach making it smaller and it makes you physically unable to eat too much food, It has a very high immediate sucess rate and I think it is something I need, plus the weight loss is basically guranted, so I think I am going to go through with it but I was just wondering if anybody has any experince with this surgery?
  2. alison

alison Well-Known Member

My cousin had the surgery, and initially he lost a lot of weight and a lot of his health issues that were directly due to being overweight basically vanished. However, its been a few years and the weight is starting to slowly come back on. He's pretty busy with his work and hasn't been dedicating much time to exercise or working hard at his diet.

Honestly, I really don't know that much about it, but from what he's told me it seems like it can be really helpful.. but you also have to be willing to work at your health.

Good luck! :)
  3. Fuzzy Monkey

Fuzzy Monkey Well-Known Member

ive been thinking about the lap band as well. i know that it can always be readjusted as life goes on, i know a girl that was like 400 pounds and 3yrs later she now weights 140.
  4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

A lot of people I know have had this surgery and basically I DREAM about it, but I would need at least £4,000 to get it, which I do not have.
    I say go for it and good luck. There are a lot of forums online that give you support and information with your journey afterwards. I have researched it to death pretty much so if you want to PM me with any questions, feel free. :)
  5. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

I considered weight loss surgery. I used to weigh 247 lbs. - now I weigh 170 lbs. and I'm on my way to my goal weight. I decided against weight loss surgery, because like any surgery, there are risks, including death, involved. I didn't want to risk my life just when I felt I was starting to figure it all out, you know? Please know it *can* be done without surgery.
  6. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Thanks for all the feedback, right now my plan is to loose about 30 to 80 pounds by december and have the surgery then. I am sure I can loose mot of the weight naturally but honestly a drastic weight loss will do wonders for my self confidence and this seems like a safe and fairly common procedure to get the results I want, I would get it sooner but I want to give myself time to heal incase anything goes wrong so I can't have it during classes, and the hospital I found wants me to weight until at least the middle of August which would be too late, but I think I am going to go through with it and hopefully it will be for the best :)
  7. alison

alison Well-Known Member

good luck! I wish you the best :)
  8. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

good luck, you will have to let us know how it goes.
  9. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Your posts are confusing me, Jessica!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.