Lapsed again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by AlexDanish, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

This week has just been terrible... And I felt so bad today, so I lapsed. And I cut. A bunch of times on my left arm... It felt so good to do it. Just to watch the line get defined on my arm, and watch it as it slowly fills with red from where I started the cut to where I ended it. And it felt good to watch it spill over...

It didn't solve anything. But it made me feel... so much better. I should be feeling regret. I normally do... But I don't. I liked this... :sad:

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

We all lapse sometimes... it can't be helped. I lapsed recently too. For me the regret usually seeps in way later... I guess it depends on the person. Or maybe the regret won't come in until way later. I dunno. Hugs to you. :hug:

TDM

3. Denikin

Denikin Well-Known Member

You shouldn't feel bad when you do this. It's a much better way to deal with things than a) kill yourself b) take drugs. It really does help feel better, with the endorphines liberated, etc.

SH is the consequence of another, more profound problem. What you have to do, is admit that you have problems, and try to solve them. And admit that, until you solve your problems, you might have to continue cutting yourself. SH will go away by itself as you get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.