Lashing Out

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Breathe, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

Went to get help yesterday. Went to the docs and asked for help, told him my story filled out some depression surveys and i have a appointment with a psychiatrist. Its meant to help but why do i feel so crappy since i did it :(

My boyfriend, bless him, though he wasnt there for me though he promised me he would stay on the phone till i got through those doors but he didnt he was busy. He tries so very hard to show support and show his love for me. But because he wasnt there for me this time and others when i have really needed him i lashed out, told him he is never there for me and everytime he tried to talk to me i would make excuses to not answer.

I've cut myself again. Isnt talking bout things meant to help? I'm thinking of suicide. I dont know why but i just cant deal with it all. I just need support. My boyfriend i have pushed away for the time being and my doctors are telling me to wait for the psychiatrist to phone me.

I feel so low and empty.
  2. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

Depression is hard, I feel embarrassed when I open up to people sometimes. You just need to build a connection of trust with people, and let some people in. But they have to be supportive people.

I'm so sorry you cut :hug: And I'm sorry you feel this way. I'd give you a big hug if I could. Just take a deep breath, and take things slow. You have time for a breather. I wish I could say something more to help, I feel like I could but I just don't have the words. I mean, no one really has the words to convince someone to stay still in the pain.

My door is open if you want to talk, just send a PM or reply in here :smile:
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

It's very hard when someone you love is in pain and you can't do anything to help them. Feel thankful that he is trying his best to stay by your side! I'm sure plenty of people would be too weak to handle it. :(

Talking hurts, too. For me, I don't feel like it helps much at all... but it is necessary to talk and relive your bad moments in order to understand them and get over the slump you are in.
    Please hang on, okay?
    Hang on because there is someone who loves you no matter how low you feel!