last attempt for help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by eagle, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

going to ring crisis in the morning and tell them i have a plan. if they don't actually do anything about it then i implement it and job done
  2. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

hun please no.

i love you

think about this

3. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

hi chris
    *giant hug* its awful that you feel this distraught lots of us can understand where you are coming from. I dont know much about ur situation at all i see you havent posted much info. I dont want to pry but we could maybe be of some use if we knew what you are up against. Anyway if you need someone to talk to im here ... x
  4. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

well, I have emotionally unstable personality disorder, i'm unemployed, no hope of university, very few friends, non-supportive family, finding it hard to cope through day-to-day life without at least 5 hours of suicidal thoughts :(
  5. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

you must chat with us.
  6. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

I dont even know what emotionally unstable personality is but it sounds tricky ill have to look that up. Is there nothing that you would like to do while you are unemployes? maybe voluntary work till the economy picks up? there are lots of free courses you can do if ur in the uk although i would have to look into it more to see what. Im sorry your family arent supportive towards you. Sometimes we do have to go through the motions until things get better but its very hard i know. You can message anyone here theres loads of people to lend an ear or a shoulder...and you can message me anytime :)
  7. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

so many here can relate to how bad you feel, altho not understand the unstable personality thing. but please please please stay with us...i have had the week from hell, and actually admitted to therapist today that twice this week alone it would have been so easy to just bow out and somehow i am here, and you can be too. i cant see i feel much better, but life is a battle for us all, just dont throw in the towel. what do you want from life, is it achievable, have you control over how you feel...too many unanswered questions to throw in towel so quick. stay with us and talk ....get a perspective on how you feel and hopefully you will change your mind or recharge enough to go a bit longer. :hug:
  8. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I hope that you are able to get the help that you need.

Please don't plan to hurt yourself though if the system doesn't work

It's fallible enough that people in need can easily fall through the cracks. If they can't help you, please post here again and we can try to help you get the help that you need

I hope that things can get better for you soon!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
  9. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

I too have BPD - and there is hope. There is DBT, which has been found to be very helpful for people with this issue, and there's medication which can help with specific symptoms, such as depression, anxiety, impulsivity, and mood instability. I also currently do not go to school or work and don't really have any friends. Although I can't say that my family isn't supportive, there is a fair bit of dysfunction and living at home can be quite exhausting, depressing, and emotionally draining. Just as recently as 3 weeks ago, I was severely suicidal. I had been in that severe depression for months, and was almost sure that I would end up committing suicide within the next few months. The only thing keeping me back really was a lack of energy. A lot changed when the antidepressants that I had been resisting for so long and finally gave into started kicking in. I can now say that I no longer feel like a danger to myself. I have more energy, sleep less, and actually feel like doing things. Am I cured? No. That will take more psychotherapy, and a lot of hard work on my part. But my point is... that there IS hope. It's just very hard to see right now in the midst of your depression. Please get some help - some counselling and, I would recommend, some meds. You will be surprised at the difference that can result. Best of luck to you.
  10. the masked depressant

that's why we are here to help.

keep trying for the university- maybe their is a diffrent one you could apply for?

the people here on sf can be your friends- after all we want to help the best we can

just don't do anything silly okay
  11. the masked depressant

i often find it hard to believe that hope exists, but as i've been told before- that's the depression hanging over me- kind of like a cloud blocking out the sunlight, or at least that's how i see it anyway

and dbt... i'm thinking of doing it

cbt helped me quite a bit..
  12. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

OK, you have a disorder - but that alone is not the end of the world. The thing with depression and its related disorders is that its a biological condition affection emotions and the ability to process thoughts. Like a heart condition, we are working to a cure and trust me - things are changing and will continue to change until we eventually defeat this.

As for unemployment - when you are well you can make that work for you - do a few odd jobs - train up on skills you can trade with others. Educate yourself above all.

University is something I'd like - I'm in my late 40s, don't fancy it now but there are free courses I can do at some point. Even things like first aid - its a help and you will get confidence when you are busy and doing things. I see no reason why I could not do it - and I'm sure your a lot younger than I.

You can get from thinking about suicide ALL day and EVERY day to not thinking about it much. Depression makes you feel like ****, makes you feel worthless and so on. You know all that anyhow as you live with it - others also - if you have it I need not explain how the very landscape of everyday life shifts into some kind of nightmarish opposite of the world that gives others some joy.

We know drugs work - I mean in the sense that drugs CAN shape how you see things. The brain is like a motherboard - and if some connection is not quite right - that tiny problem might impact on the actual computer making it less able to function.

At some point we will map the brain completely - we still don't know it as of yet - maybe our methods are crude in some ways compared to what we will end up with. That said, by having one chemical more easily available in the brain - changes happen. Sad that SSRIs take so long to work - as if they worked in a couple of hours - we'd find it easier to see if they were suitable for us without amassing side effects.

New drugs, that have a faster acting effect will become more common as time goes on. We could see them fairly soon - as the profit alone is an incentive were basic humanitarian needs are not.

Its possible surgical procedures might be used to correct areas of the brain. I'm talking laser or low electricity applied - not a surgeons blade hacking away. It is already happening - but we will have to wait a while before the procedure is refined and that no ill effects are felt.

On a personal level - each of us has our own strengths and talents and we have to be careful NOT to let depression curb those. It does happen but depression has cycles which generally leave you able to keep various passions alive.

Let some love into your life also - or give it a chance to do so. Most people are better to able to cope with a partner but sometimes we might cope better alone. What we do need is company and I guess the worse part of depression is when you isolate yourself - don't get out and do the 'usual' things you do.

I guess depression grows stronger when we cut ourselves off from the very things and people who do give us hope.

Nobody should be pondering suicide for 5 hours a day - I'd take a step out the door on Monday and go to the doctors. Meds might do wonders for you - I found that mine DID have a subtle effect in which the usual spiralling thoughts lost ground and momentum.

I have other things I do to combat it - and being here is a great help.

Hope you stay with us and fight this thing.

Get some help - it is what it is there for. Nobody is strong enough to fight this on their own - and besides, would you walk out of a hospital with a heart condition and not take your meds?

We have an illness, its not our fault! It happens. It happened to us.

Get the help bro.

Good luck and deepest regards and goodwill.

God bless also.
  13. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

well, i would have been offered something but DBT isn't offered where i live and thats possibly the best treatment for it. i'm on meds now and one of them seems to be working but the other one not so much.
  14. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

thank you so much
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.