Last chance

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Bigman2232, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

So tomorrow morning I have an appointment for the referral meeting you need to see if seeing a shrink (or whatever you want to call them) is something I should do.

I'm a little nervous since this is basically the last chance to find something to help. I've been waiting 2 months for this appointment and I just hope it's the right thing.

I already tried the counselors and 1) couldn't talk to them about what was really bothering me, 2) don't think they were trained to help me and 3) felt that I was just being a nuisance to them since they would tell me to try and be positive and do positive things and I just couldn't.

If this doesn't get me into somewhere where I can actually say what I'm thinking and not have to worry about everyone else finding out, I'm screwed and I give up.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Would writing your agenda and taking it with you be helpful? that way you do not have to worry to remember everything, and you may feel freer to discuss what you want? Just a suggestion, and hope it goes well...big hugs, J

3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hope you find the help you need bigman. A shrink is completly different from councelors (thank goodness) and trained to listen so be as clear as you can about what you feel and it should go well.

All the best for your apointment bigman

be well and stay safe
    granny xx

4. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies.

5. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi Bigman, just wanted to know how went your apointment....?
    Keep us updated. All the best

Granny xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.