Last day

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by TG123, Jul 1, 2009.

1. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

My last day of teaching was today. My students were swearing at me, disobeying me, destroying classroom property and thoughtfully tore up the goodbye cards I was stupid enough to write for them and trashed the pencils I bought them.

But you know what??!!!!... fuck it! They're fucking gone! I will never have to put up with them disrespecting me or making my life hell and making me cut myself or try to kill myself again!

The fucking animals have left and they're never coming back! Yes you probably think I'm a terrible teacher and I am, I wasn't able to control the classroom and they fucking walked all over me all year. You may think I'm a terrible person for talking like this about my students but after what I went through I've had enough.

I did everything possible to help them and I do hope for the best for them but whatever I did they would blow it all up in my face. I don't care! I'm finished with them! I never ever have to see them again! Thank you God!
  2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: i'm so sorry you had to go through all that!
    i only just finished my Alevels and i know how horribly some teachers can be treated for no reason what so ever. it's good you're thinking positively about moving on from teaching and leaving that behind you and i hope you can recover and be happy from now on :smile:
    if you ever want to talk about anything, feel free to PM me :heart:
    triggs xx
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I remember your story, I don't think you're a bad person! I hope next term will be better for you.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hopefully you can move on and next year get a class of kids that have been taught respect for others It is not all your doing I hope you have a relaxing summer don't think about anything but peace now.
  5. BlondRedHead

BlondRedHead Well-Known Member

When I was a Junior in High School we had this very timid socially awkward Math teacher. He was a nice guy, sweet and would bring in crazy science experiments to entertain us but we were just so cool and too stupid to appreciate it. We made fun of him and the fact he had to have an aid talk to us because he like shut down halfway through the year and couldn't speak up anymore. He went through this roller coaster of a change to us. He went from teacher, to geek, to like a mascot (he was only 5'6) and by the end of the year we all LOVED the guy but we still didn't listen and threw paper airplanes and balls at each other. On the last day of school he sat in front of us on a table and told us that all he had ever wanted to do was be a teacher. Said since Junior high he knew it was his calling and he had only been teaching for like 4 yrs but that because of our one class he was quitting. He said we were so bad he didn't think he could teach again and that he was done, moving on to do a science program. We all felt so bad. Most of us didn't realize how bad it was and we were so stupid. I still feel regret to this day. Maybe your kids will feel that way too one day. Sorry this year sucked. Kids make other kids want to kill themselves, I don't know why people don't think how it would be on a teacher. Good luck to you next yr :)
  6. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

If you are teaching next year, learn from this experience.