Last night I self harmed

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by X-FallenSolitude-X, Aug 15, 2016.

1. X-FallenSolitude-X

X-FallenSolitude-X Well-Known Member

I had been feeling upset for the past week had a brief section that I got took of and sent home and this weekend I knew it had to be diffrent had a difficult anniversary to deal with well last night I caved in and I cut myself damn I'm ashamed
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. Don't beat yourself up for giving in. Keep distracting.
  3. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hey, we all have little setbacks and thats all it is, a setback. Its not a full blown return to former ways. So as RCG says, dont beat yourself up over it. If we all did that, the hospitals would be full to bursting with suicidal maniacs who had all beat themselves up for having bad thoughts!

My key worker told me about setbacks. A lot of people call it a crash. Man, when I crashed it was a freakin train wreck as it was something I had never experienced before and I was lethal to myself over it. But now I know what it is and why it happens and I am learning to cope with them better. I dont kick the crap out of myself because I crash or have some suicidal thoughts, which of course I still do.
  4. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

Don't beat yourself up. It happens and you are only human. You know how many times I've "quit" smoking in the past month? I know it's not the same but still harmful nonetheless. Try your best to distract yourself. Is there a close friend or family member you can go to when you feel like SH who can talk you down or distract you?