Last night

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by JobForAVictim, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

I spoke to my father last night, and I'm getting pulled into another stupid situation where my stepmother is angry at me for nothing again. On top of that, my father wants me to come visit him. However, he doesn't approve of my psychiatric care, and I'm pretty sure if I went, he would throw away my medication.

After the call, I felt really bad. I felt like ending it right then. I didn't cut like I often do after stress, because I couldn't trust myself not to do something stupid like slit my wrist.

Thankfully, it is the last minute, and there probably aren't tickets available to go visit him by now, so I can use that as an excuse, I guess.
  2. Vorath

Vorath Guest

I don't think being around someone who not only doesn't give you the support you need but is actually against the support your'e getting is a good idea.

Maybe you should be honest with your father and tell him the truth about why you don't want to go visit him.
  3. Luliby

Luliby Staff Alumni

Just tell your Dad "no, your not coiming". And if he asks why maybe tell him the truth, or just say no. The answer to is "no". "But why won't you tell me?" .. "it's none of your business". . "I'm your father!" .. "I know, it's personal, I'm not coiming." then comes the guilt trip.. "After all I've done for you!" .."thanks for the help but that doesn't change this, I can't come." then comes the bribe "Is it money? I can give you cash if you need it." .."Tempting, but no. I'm not coming." then comes the plead. "Why! just tell me why?" .. "It's personal, I'm not coming down for this and I can't get involved at this time."

and then it becomes a repeat of either the guilt trip, the bribe or the plead!

The trick is to just calmly repeat no. you don't even have to explain yourself, you don't have to get caught up in the guilt trip, the bribe or the plead.. just calmly keep saying no.

If they are trying to pull you into something and your feeling like ending it, or harming yourself and it drives you crazy. then best to just leave it alone and have no part in it.
  4. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

I suppose that I have to address the problem whether I want to or not.
    I'm not sure whether I could even handle scheduling the trip and flying there on my own anyway, so I guess I'll be honest about that and see what happens.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.