Last Night...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hit a low point and nearly (very nearly) killed myself.
    I was drunk, out of it, wondering the streets, couldn't remember my own phone number, couldn't even call my mother for help, I was that bad.
    I remember the ebb and the point where I said "go on - do it" and I walked into a shop, it was like something said "no, find a way home, and get back onto SF and get help".

You know what, remembering the friends I have on here stopped me and made me realise how much I'd be letting all of you down if I went through with it.
    I made it home and my Mum was so disappointed in me when she realised what had happened. I don't think she quite knows how bad it got last night but I'm going to let her know once I've pieced myself back together.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad you made it safely home and there was something that gave you a reason to seek support. Thank you for your courage Linds. :hug:
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Linds! Really glad you're well and safe today.. you are very brave.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm really glad you made it home okay!! :hug:
  5. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I'm glad you managed to pull yourself togheter, it goes to show how strong and brave you are :wink:
  6. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Linds, so glad you came back! :smile:

Do you want to say what drove you to that point? I can't bear the thought of your staggering around city streets so unhappy and no-one there. How are you now?

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

im glad you made it home. you wouldnt be letting us down as much as you would have yourself.
    the fact that you DID come home and dealt with it ... shows great courage.
    keep that in mind. if your willing to deal with going home and the issues you knew would be there .. since you were drunk.

i think it shows some guts to get some help. dont let YOURSELF down.

glad you are still with us .. and im sure your family is as well.

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh real glad you are here and hope you continue to stay here for support your friends need you here and so does your mom
  9. Aerial

Aerial Well-Known Member

Brave, strong, determined you are.

I don't know many people around here but want to say that I enjoy reading when others have a positive breakthrough and realize they can and need to get help. I try to give myself credit when I know I've sincerely made the effort to help myself. It's been a little rough lately for me. Your post is inspiration to many here.
  10. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Thanks guys,
    I don't feel brave or strong at all, I just feel weak and defeated. I am never going to get better and that scares me. :(
  11. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

Linds, you did an incredibly brave thing and do not doubt it...

As for feeling defeated, well you obviously still have the fight in you for at least one more round..

Please stay with us on SF..Your words have given me a little hope that when the time comes I might have that strength too..

I am not one for hugs but right now I wish I could wrap my arms around you and shelter you from the storm. x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.