Late Night Intro, and an insecure one at that.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by JustScott, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustScott

JustScott Well-Known Member

So, It's been noted by myself that I can count the amount of friends I can trust....with my arms.
    As you can see by my username, my name is Scott, and I love to drum. Well, music in general actually. I am a live sound engineer and music-phile.
    That, is quite honestly the only good thing going on right now.
    I was meant to be working as a technical engineer right now, but my job just fell through at the last minute so now I'm stuck in a dead end job (part time, I may add) so I can pay rent and get rid of my debt.

Also, I have mild Asperger's Syndrome, as well as major anxiety and Bi-polar disorder. I get very stressed easily, and I need people to talk to as if I stay inside all the time not talking, everything gets worse, which is a catch 22 as my social skills are...well, hopeless.
    Well, that's a rant.
    Anyway, I just want to meet people, talk. Get better, the usual.
    Carpe Diem.
    Scott.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Scott welcome to SF glad to see you talking here hun hugs

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Scott and a very warm welcome to you..music and listening to is huge for me also.. Hope you can find some good employment in this field very soon.

Scott my almost 36 now son John lives with me..he is severely autistic, non verbal and the soul of my existence.. He makes it all really interesting.. Can understand some of what you go thru every day, trying to deal with people..

Look around this place some..lots of forums..hope to hear some more from you.. jim

4. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

Hi Scott,

Music has always been important to me so I understand how that is. What kind of music do you like? Do you play any other instruments or just the drums?

5. JustScott

JustScott Well-Known Member

Hi, thank you for the welcomes.
    I'm not quite as severe as your son, Jim but I do have a lot of people talking to people verbally, including (as you know) eye contact, and such. It's not so bad on forums though, thankfully. I am hoping to get into a career in the music industry, but firstly I need money to pay rent, so while I bump up my experience in the field, I'm having to do whatever I can to bring money in. It's nice to meet you. :)
    Hi Wispiwill, I genuinely love all music. It's my life completely, and I can't think of what would happen if my love for music and performing were to go unfulfilled in one way or another.
    I liked to think that I was one of the few gifted people with Asperger's to be a musical savant, but as I get older, it seems that is not the case.

As for instruments, I drum, I *can* play the piano, but not as well, as percussion is my main instrument. My first instrument I learned was the bass guitar as my dad played bass in a punk band. I also sing, and can work my way around a double bass and cello, because they're similar to the bass guitar.

I fear I always right posts that are too long for people to bother reading though....

Anyway, thank you for the welcomes. I shall definitely be taking a look around, and if everything goes well in the near future mood-wise, making myself welcome.
    Memento Mori.
    Scott.

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Scott...welcome and so glad you posted...there are many people here with Aspergers...and others who love music, so you have many people who will understand...you have accomplished so much with your skills in engineering, and I hope another job you want comes your way...please keep posting and letting us know what is going on...also do not worry about the size of your posts, we have lots of server space

7. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

Hi Scott,

I used to play the violin, years ago - never tried for a professional career though. Hold on to your music. Life is never quite the same if you lose it.

And no, I don't think that your posts are too long. Not for me anyway.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.