Late night tv shows

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by the_me_that_you_know, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The only late night tv shows I watch are aired on a program called Adult Swim from Cartton Network. Futurama is cool, Family guy is too but the anime they show is Killer. ShinChan is real funny. :laugh:
    For action I watch Inuyasha which rules.
    If only Absolutely Fabulous were still on Comedy Central, I'd watch that.
  2. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

They always show crap like CSI or Law & Order or cooking programmes, here in Sweden. :( They show no Adult Swim, ever, here... there's barely ever any manga movies, either. I like to call them that, since they were called so in the beginning, but then the French word animé, somehow became popular. Anyway, there's like one new manga movie once a year on expensive pay channels. No series at all.

There's nothing on normal television... just total crap. Yet I will be forced to pay cable and regular TV bill, in my new apartment. I still live with my parents, though, and they have science channels, at least, that show things in the night.

Damn I'm tired. I haven't slept for 28 hours... the light of the mobile screen looks so... out of place. Gah, can't concentrate.

3. Being a stupid american I always thought manga was different from anime somehow. As in manga would be more involved and riske' than the anime they can actually air on cable tv every night in the states. But here too, if you pay for the extra movie channels w/ your cable they rarely show any anime movies. 7 or 9 years ago I found these movie channels showing Voltage Fighters, an anime movie featuring nudity, lots of violence, and fighting women w/ huge ones boucing every time they made a movement. It was quite entertaining. :laugh: And will never be on tv again. most likely. :huh:
  4. Vorath

Vorath Guest

It's all stupid phone in quizzes here....if I wern't allready mentally screwed then late night telly would probibly have done it anyway.
  5. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Yes! And stupid phone quizzes.

That sounds really amusing, JANIV. ^^ There's no manga movie channels, at all, though. :/ I think another cable company has one channel that shows some series, at times, but that's all, I think. Cartoon Network shows crap like Battle B-Daman, Duel Masters and similarly worthless shows, with bad dubbing, however... forgot mentioning those. And actually, one of the state channels (a children's channel), sometimes show some manga movie series that seem decent... but they've started dubbing them. They've only shown two series, so far, though... meh. -_- And I want serious, adult targetting stuff about everyday things, like love... won't ever see that, of course.

I've slept all day (and half the evening), again, by the way... it didn't work, skipping one night. Just had to sleep twice as much, instead... became almost twenty hours, this time.
  6. johnsmythe

johnsmythe Well-Known Member

I pretty much stopped watching Anime all together on television simply because of a) Commercials b) Editing and c) Attrocious voice dubbing.

Now if I want to watch Anime I just download it and watch it on my computer. If this is an option for you I strongly suggest you do it. Seeing it in the language it was meant to be in is so much better in my opinion, not to mention the fact that you'll find that only 25% of the available number of series ever make it anywhere out of Japan. There are series for any subject you could want, you just have to find em (Bit torrent is my best friend in that regard).

And basically in response to this thread, I usually can find anything that played during that day thanks to time shifting.
  7. It'd be nice to watch anime/manga in japanese.... if I could understand it. The subtitles have me constantly reading and missing the entire show. Once again I cannot sleep, it's past midnight & I'm watchin Adult Swim again. Shows like Bleach & FullMetal Alchemist are coming on. I want to fall over and die from the unsteady sleep schedule that exists within me.
    "How I long to feel the peace again" ~Circle of Dust
    I'll be too tired to go out & get the new NIN album tomorrow! I know I'm late gettin it but it's a money thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.