Lately I've been Self Harming a Lot..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ofvanityandwax, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ofvanityandwax

ofvanityandwax Active Member

Nearly every night, actually.
    I'm starting to feel like I'm losing my control again. Tonight I didn't really care what I did. I want to go crazy, but I'm scared to do something too bad and have my mom find me passed out on my bed. :|
    I don't know what to do.
    Any ideas? :/
  2. ofvanityandwax

ofvanityandwax Active Member

3. lifelover

lifelover Well-Known Member

There was a time in my life when i ised to cut myself a lot. In fact my arms look like...i don´t know. My parents then found out and forced me to do theraphy and take pills. At first i didnt realy care, i used to joke around and cut even deeper just to make others suffer(i used to enjoy that) but gradually i become to feel better and aware of my situation and now, after 2 years i can honestly say that was the best thing that happened to me. It´s not easy to let go the habbit of self-mutilation but, with some help you can. Just don´t enter the circle of self-denial...;

There will be always times when you feel like harming yourself but, in my opinion, you have to do something else that sort of makes you feel less bad. I am learning how to "fight", and i like a lot to beat the hell out of my sandbox. I´m a metal fan and i like to headbang a lot. I frequently run with my dog to. I don´t know, each situation is different, you need medical attention above all.

Wish you the best.
  4. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Has anything happened that has caused this to get worse?
    How did you manage it before?
    Could you throw your blades away i know that probably won't stop you but might help. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself from the urge to harm yourself?
  5. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

I've been there. I know what it feels like to roll over and forget you have cuts on your thigh and get a sharp pain, and maybe even like it. I know what it's like waking up in the morning and looking at your arm and asking yourself if you used it as a cutting board last night. I've been there. It doesn't go anywhere but down.

What's making you like this? Is there any trigger or do you feel like it's just getting worse and worse because the pressure is building up?

Whatever you do, do not give into those urges. It ends up very bad my friend, and once you do it it's done, and your just going to want to go back to it afterwards. My scars are permanent because of indulging, and I can't regret something more than not seeking help when I needed it the most.

Please give us some info, because the people who post here only want to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.