Laughing While Angry?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by brknsilence, Aug 2, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Anyone else do this?

Vented to my husband and as I was telling him how mad and upset I been, I laughed (not him). I told him, "I don't even know why I'm laughing" Maybe I just had enough of all this stuff I go through. I don't know. It's ridiculous.

So upset.

Fading_Awayy and chiaroscura like this.
  2. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

It is just a release of all pent up frustrations, don't let it worry you.

chiaroscura likes this.
  3. brknsilence

Crying right now on how upset I feel.

4. IamTetsuo

IamTetsuo Well-Known Member

Serious and frivolous are not so far away from each other. I hope you'll feel better :)

5. chiaroscura

chiaroscura BestTimePlantTree?100 YearsAgo. NextBestTime?Now. SF Supporter

I feel so bad for you.

6. chiaroscura

Only once in my life did I experience the laughing instead of crying. It was horrible. My boyfriend was crying and upset and I started LAUGHING but I felt like crying and I was like, what in the WORLD! I kept telling him I was having a weird reaction, laughing while he was crying. I have read about it and sometimes people do that, must be the laugh and cry signals can just cross each other. Both actions are similar. They engage your abs and let out a TON of energy.

7. chiaroscura

I'm just so sorry thinking of you there crying. You're not alone. We are all here for you and we have been there, and been helped just because we knew people REALLY felt for us. Crying is, for me, helpful. Like throwing up--gets so much out. But it hurts so much. I dont want you to feel sad, but I'm glad youare processing your pain and not denying it. BIG BEAR HUG!

8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think strong emotions can trigger a variety of "expressions" of those emotions and also trigger a way for other emotions to come out. There's crying happy tears, shouting for joy, laughing in anger...For me, laughing in anger is a response to a sense of utter frustration. I've been so frustrated that I cried, but at the same time I also thought the situation was so frustrating and hard to believe it almost seemed like a sit-com situation - laughable - and I had a tearful laugh.

Reading between the lines of your original post: It sounds like maybe you have some bottled up feelings of all kinds, since there was venting, laughing, and tears. A bit of a roller coaster. I hope things settle down for you. Let us know how you're doing. *hug*

chiaroscura and AlexiMarie7 like this.
  9. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, I'm here to listen.

chiaroscura likes this.
  10. brknsilence

Thanks everyone

I spent last night crying. Had to stop because it was making my headache worse. Went to bed angry and extremely depressed. Woke up this morning, not feeling any better. Just so angry

11. chiaroscura

All i can say is, "Been there SO often. Done that SO often." I send you hugs. I care. We're all here for you and we ACTUALLY REALLY CARE, unlike so much of the world. Glad you are with us, too. If you choose to help other people on here, you will speak with great authority, because you will KNOW what they mean. xo

12. brknsilence

Hugs

Thanks

Just been feeling I failed everything

13. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Failure is overrated. No one has failed, things just don't go right. In the end everything will be okay. Just keep on trying to get better.

brknsilence and chiaroscura like this.
  14. brknsilence

Trying. Just seems like I done a lot of things wrong. Worried about tomorrow

15. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

You have been so wound up about this meet with your family, its not helping you in other areas. Its making you much worse. Just get it over with and then get back to your usual routines. You have done nothing wrong. You are not very well, you are pregnant and you are stressed and anxios about tomorrow. You are going to feel like a huge weight is lifted from you once its over.

chiaroscura likes this.
  16. Fading_Awayy

Fading_Awayy SF Supporter

Yeah I do that sometimes , when im angry or in so much pain i sometimes just start laughing like i lost my mind! , i don't know why but I think because when you go through something so overwhelming and millions of thoughts are going through your head in the same time you just don't know how to react .. so we just laugh!

chiaroscura likes this.
  17. brknsilence

Thanks everyone

Hugs

Fading_Awayy and chiaroscura like this.
  18. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You'll get through this tough time. Lughing inappropriately is common when nervous/anger.
    Hope theday got better for you xox

brknsilence and chiaroscura like this.
  19. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Ive laughed unappropriately in certain situations when I'm supposed to be sad when I was younger but been laughing way less and less over the years even at something supposed to be funny.

chiaroscura likes this.