Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SAVE_ME, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Why is it that whenever I hear people laughing I feel they're laughing at me? :(
  2. confusedgirl

confusedgirl Well-Known Member

I feel the same way but just in general I feel everyone looks at me and not in a good way either my therapist told me this was part of 'depression' and couldn't really advise me but could only say 'theyre not' which i guess really does not help so I guess I know how ur feeling *hugs* xx
  3. confusedgirl

confusedgirl Well-Known Member

Could someone delete this please :)
  4. jacknife

jacknife Guest

I prefer laughter over tears.
  5. SAVE_ME

Just last night I heard my flatmates cackling like a bunch of hyenas and I assumed they were laughing at me behind my back....yeah, I'm paranoid....can't help it.....been made fun of so much that when I hear someone laughing I automatically assume "oh it MUST be me they're making fun of!"
  6. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Haha me too. But then 99.99% of the time its something else. Just join them and ask whats funny.
  7. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yup I have the same problem. I'm getting better at blocking it out though. Just have to keep telling yourself that even if they are, it doesn't matter. :)
  8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Yep, me too.
    Especially when I walk past people in the high street or at bus stops or whatever. If they're laughing I often shoot them a look of 'what' because I assume it's me they're laughing at. Now I go everywhere with headphones on blasted up so loud I can't even hear people laughing.
  9. SAVE_ME

Turns out they were drunk and playing pranks all night, like sticking a sign saying 'feed me' on the door to the flat and someone on the other side making dog sounds....and when guys were coming out of the elevator they were giving them weird looks so they found it hilarious lol
  10. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Just remember also. People tend not to laugh out loud when gossiping in general. Its usually a chuckle or nothing.. Unless theyre loud brawly people.
  11. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Heh, a few years ago, two girls were sitting in a fast food restaurant and one of them heavily knocked in the window when I passed by. I automatically assumed whoever knocked made fun of me. Shortly afterwards I noticed it had been two young girls sitting there... what obviously was the case was that she thought I was attractive, but when you've been bullied or been entirely out of place while growing up, it's difficult to assume anything else than that they are making fun of you.

I have an extremely good self-confidence, but still I often assume that people make fun of me when they laugh. I guess I'm kind of damaged for life in regards to all that...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.