Leap of faith

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xan, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Gah! I was going to start this thread to ask a question but I chicken out of even hinting at what I want to ask, even on here >.<.... Forget it.. maybe this shouldn't even go here, who knows. Probably seems all random but I pretty much try to just let my mind auto pilot and write, so sorry if it's messed up...

Ah.. blegh! I'll just ask it...

What if you knew you'd never be happy in life until you took a certain leap of faith, I mean there is no coming back it could ruin your life and leave you just as unhappy... should you risk hurting everyone and be selfish or just accept things the way they are?
  2. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Well I don't know the specifics but if you're unhappy now, there really isn't much to lose. I think we all have to take at least one leap of faith in our lives.

As for it possibly hurting others, as long as it's not physical pain, I think it might be worth the risk. Reading posts on here and just through seeing some other people, I've noticed that most share the common trait of "taking the pain" so that others won't have to. They sacrifice their happiness so that others don't have to. Well this is an honourable trait, eventually you have to let someone else do it for you.

And afterall, that unhappiness is only if the leap doesn't work out. You have a 50/50 shot that it won't come to that.

The final decision is all yours but make sure that you take a long look at what you really want and I'm sure you'll get some kind of gut feeling as to what you should do.

good luck with whatever you decide.
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I took a massive leap of faith myself. I moved far away from everything I knew, I put my degree back a year... I love it.
  4. requiem46

requiem46 Active Member

I wish I had the guts to leave my place, my studies, and pretty much everyone I know behind to move somewhere far away.

But I don't think I'm mature enough to live on my own after my disappearance :sad:
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I didn't think so either. I was surprised.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.