Learn how to relax or you may get vitiligo, Michael Jackson's skin condition

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by alixer, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alixer

alixer Active Member

Failed attempt gave me vitiligo, Michael Jackson's skin condition

Three years ago, I tried to take my life. I think I'm not allowed to talk about specifics, so I'll just say it was a mix of chemicals. The point is that it didn't work. I woke up a few hours later feeling like a tank had rolled over me. It was a traumatic experience. The months leading up to it were the most stressed I had experience - I was feeling emotional pain from a break-up and physical pain from a back injury. That time was the worst but it didn't compare to the climax of that night.

A couple of weeks later, I found a white spot on my body. I went to a dermatologist and he told me I had vitiligo, which you probably know as what Michael Jackson had. I learned that vitiligo, if not present since childhood, is often triggered by a traumatic experience - a traumatic experience like the abuse I put my body through when I tried to end my life.

Now I spend every day worried about my white spots, which have continued to spread. It's the price I paid for not learning how to relax over a girl who seemed so important at the time and now I can barely recall.

In the end, all I did was add to the emotional bull I have to live with. And I can't blame anyone. I certainly can't blame her. I can't even blame my mother, who believe me, fucked me up emotionally. No, it was my fault for taking life too seriously.

Just a tale of warning. There are consequences to the stress you're putting yourself through. Consequences you can't even imagine. So learn how to relax. It's not easy. Lord knows, I'm still learning, but it's something we need to learn how to do. It's possibly the greatest life skill you can learn.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  2. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I am so sorry this happened to you.

Also sorry you were feeling so bad.

I hope you find support and encouragement here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.