Learned helplessness

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Pow, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

So I read this article today on "learned helplessness" and I thought i'd share it with you guys because i'm sure alot of you can relate to this and hopefully having something gained from reading it.
    Hope you enjoy reading it and remember don't give up :)
  2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing! I am going to check it out. Blessings.. :hug:

I read it and I totally agree. I have been there! I just started to accept my suffering as a part of life. But the truth is, that we have control to escape and to be saved from our situations, but the familiar becomes comfort in a way. Yeah its messed up, I know, but the unknown is scary and so is change especially when it comes to trust. When someone's trust is broken, they can at least have trust in the situation they are in by knowing what to expect, and they get used to it. It's brainwashing pure and simple. This is where faith comes in. I had faith that things would get better for me once, I gave my life over to Yahweh, and I was right. His words reversed the brainwashing of the world and now I am free to see the truth. Hallelujah!Blessings..
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I havnet read it yet. I just wanted to say i love the title of the thread. . Makes you wonder if it's all an accepted skill being used to be miserable sometimes.
  4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I learnt about this in my A Level Psychology class. We had to study Pavlov and Seligman for part of our exams. I can't help but feel sorry for the dogs in the Seligman case study, no matter how much light it sheds on human (and animal) nature. I agree with the rest of it though.. I recently decided to dye my hair again, and that alone has made me feel a lot better lately, bizarrely enough.
  5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I can relate to it.