Leaving a body behind vs Disappearing.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thingsaregonnachange, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thingsaregonnachange

thingsaregonnachange Well-Known Member

In your opinion what would be more painful, having to find and bury a body or getting a note telling I have gone and my body won't be found.

I'm considering the latter, to ensure that there is no visual memory of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

It will be painful for all whom you leave behind regardless of the method, regardless of a body or no body or a note or no note at all.

3. thingsaregonnachange

I know, but to me it's very important to lessen the blow as much as possible.

Including to third parties who might find my body.

I don't even want to give the police or doctors any trouble.

The idea is to disappear into the wilderness, possibly into a lake so that even my bones most likely won't be found decades afterwards, if ever.

I actually find the idea of having my remains consumed by other lifeforms quite beautiful and peaceful, so no problems there.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
  4. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I think it would be better to do it in such a way that strangers, especially the police or some such find you. That way your family will have closure with burying you but not the trauma of finding your body. That is what I would do anyway. To go just permanently missing would leave them wondering what happened to you forever and maybe hoping for the rest of their lives that they'll still hear from you one day. I think that would be worse.

5. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Suicide is the most painful death for people to grieve. Having no body will always leave a huge hole in the lives of loved ones. There is no way suicide will be in anyway be tolerable for those left behind. You will be giving whatever pain you are holding inside to those left behind. I hope and pray you can fid a way of moving forward.
    I have recently come to understand that those who have left me are fearful and emotionally weak. I try not to judge them but understand that their shortcomings are something I have to factor when thinking about their decisions and behaviours.
    I have recently read myths about suicide, after the suicide and night falls fast, all these books have clarified the devesation that suicide will result in, I suggest you read them too.

God Bless

6. thingsaregonnachange

I would make sure a letter explaining I have killed myself would reach them.

7. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

But they'll never be sure it's true or accept it without a body.

8. thingsaregonnachange

I suppose so. I was considering the disappearing method because I would be able to use a more failproof method, but one that I can't choose if my body is to be found.

9. Damask

Damask Well-Known Member

Option C: All of the above.

So you just shouldn't do it, plain and simple.

10. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Such great plans go into demise... but what plans are in place to find wellness instead?

11. kote

kote Account Closed

i understand your feelings. i live in remote mountains and people wouldnt find me if i chose that way. but on the other hand people wouldnt give up searching for me ever and accept what i chose even with a clear letter explaining everything. there would never be an end to it.
    however from being where you are now and several attempts and been on every medicine. im finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. after 6 years of suffering im starting to feel better - i never thought it would come. but with focus it did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.