Leaving Home

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by jhayes0027, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

Anyone here ever just packed up and left home. I've been living with relatives a bit too long I think. I don't really know what to do, have a job and all here but I hate it here. Was just wondering if anyone else has ever picked up and left without much really? I don't have much money or many belongings at all. Don't know what I would do when I got somewhere, hopefully find a job and place to live but who knows. I'm just curious, I've considered military and such but I am just sick of being unwanted here. At least somewhere else I wouldn't know anyone to complain about me being around and such.

Any advice you can give to someone considering doing it would be nice too?

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I have thought about this so many times. And I know there have been a couple other threads about it here.
    The need to escape.
    The military could be a good idea.
    Just remember wherever you go, there you are.

3. jhayes0027

yeah, i just know if I went military I'd lose a lot of my ability to choose or turn back if need be. Not that I will anyway, no real intentions of telling anyone if I do leave lol. They'd just try to put me down again and make me believe nothing is out there. Just starting to feel like suicide isn't really a top option anymore like I use too. I could at least try to see some other parts of the world first, maybe I'll run into something I actually like for once. I like my job, love my family, but it's like never encouraging around here. I always feel more put down and out of use than anything.

4. fromthatshow

That's how I feel with my family.
    Yeah when suicide isn't the number one option anymore a lot of things open up. It can get pretty scary. I'm glad you enjoy your job and doing what you're doing. That's pretty fucking rare :hug:

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. just feel the need to put in a reply based from old age and wisdom :rolleyes:

this is the age-old situation of a geographical cure

wherever you go, as iloveyou said, there you are. which means, your problems, burdens, and issues, there reside also.

that is not a pro nor a con, only a fact.

truth is, circumstances can and do, change.

the core of your heart, does not.

i am all about, new experiences, new locales, new friends, fresh looks. just keep in mind. geographical cures rarely succeed.

remember - at your very center, you are so good. you deserve to be happy, and you should never keep reaching for what you want.

do whatever it takes, to get there.

6. jhayes0027

I appreciate the replies, part of the problem is that I don't really know what I want. I haven't found anything yet that I really like or care for to actually fight for it so to speak. I know all my problems won't vanish and things like that, just maybe finding something new or new people can motivate me for once. I hate not ever really wanting something bad enough to work hard towards it but then I've never gotten to experience or see enough things to know what I want. Around here everything and all the people seem the same all the time. There are a few that are encouraging about things but for the most part there is nothing lol.

I dunno, I'm glad you all take the time out to read/listen to things. Venting helps me too, I just hate feeling like i"m stuck when all I really have to do is pick myself up out of this chair and start walking. I'm just afraid once I get somewhere I'm going to get myself stuck again. And yeah I don't hate my job at all. It has it's aggrivating moments and the pay isn't that great. But I have a lot of time to think while working and I don't have to deal with a lot of people which I also like. It's also a chance for me to get out of the house and see other things, even if they are close to home, as well as a fall back for me, something I've learned to do in case I ever need to use it later in life if something happens.

Sorry about the rambling, I just don't feel this way very often. Usually I'm either content for the moment or depressed, but here lately it's not felt much like depression like it did before. It feels like I need to release and let myself go or something so that I can find better things. Use to I dreamed fairy tale things where something good may come along if I just sat here and waited it out. Now I know it's up to me to move. Just in a weird state right now, something I"m not use too. I'm just scared of leaving and finding myself in the same state, learning nothing new, just in a different place.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
  7. fromthatshow

No one knows what they want :laugh:. Well not no one but a lot of people. My mom still doesn't know what she wants to do, she's almost 50. I don't know what I want to do, I'm 20. How old are you (just wondering)? I have absolutely no fucking idea! You're definitely not alone there. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep searching. What you want may change too.
    I'm sorry you don't have more people to encourage and motivate you. For now, let that be our job! Whatever you choose to do, we're here for you. I know that might sound silly because we're just an internet forum, but it's something at least. Somewhere people understand and there's always someone here who might be able to help you or change your perspective on things.

No need to be sorry! Venting helps me too. Vent as often and as much as you need! :hug:

I think you did a pretty good job of releasing. Like I said, vent, release as much as you need to. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do. Whether you stay or go. And if you do go, get to a computer somewhere and let us know how it's going for you. We're here for you either way :arms:

8. jhayes0027

Well I'm still gonna think on it some, figured I've made enough of those "let's not think just do" mistakes lol. But I am really considering it. If something doesn't push me into making a rash decision anyway.

I am 23 by the way. Be 24 soon.

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I had no choice in leaving, my parents kicked me out when I was seventeen..I traveled the country hitchhiking and would stop for a while when I could find a job washing dishes.. I would save up enough money to eat and take off again..By the time I was eighteen I had my fill of it..So I joined the Marine Corps.. They made me grow up quick, boot camp really sucked but once I graduated I was full of pride.. I had made it through the hell they put upon you..After that it was like having a eight hour aday job..I went to Okinawa, the Phillipines, and Australia..If you are thinking of joining do some serious thinking on it. Your almost at the age where you can't enlist so think quick..My only advice is to start running a couple miles a day and do push ups , sit ups, and pull ups with your hands facing out..You want to be in some kind of physical shape before joining..The Army is a little easier on you.. It's not quite as physical as the Marines..Good Luck!!

10. jhayes0027

Yeah I've already started with the pushups and such, just in case I did decide to join though I really need to work on running. I just don't wanna get there and then suddenly have a change of mind or something. I've thought it through, read over a lot of things, but it would be hard to be mentally prepared I think. Just know the military would at least give me a new chance on things where as up and leaving may just make it worse.

11. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I have randomely gotten up and moved a couple times. I have decided one day to move and within a month I'll find my self in california or Kansas. I plan on staying here in kansas. I have a great paying job... (not a great job) a fiance that I probably love and a beautiful 9 month old daughter.

12. jhayes0027

Was it hard to find a new place to live or anything when you moved? I think this is what I'm more scared of, finding a new job, and a place to stay without being homeless for too long. I'll have a small bit of money but nothing much.

13. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

finding a job was hard but I had already set up places to live each time I moved.

14. jhayes0027

Oh I see, thank you for your responses.

15. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

live from ur parents until u can live from ur childrens

16. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

I ran away when I was 18. Ran is the only word. I secretly packed my car and left without telling anyone. I had tried to join the army, but had been 4Fed. I spent 2 years living out of my car, going into towns to make a little money hustling pool, then retreating back into the woods. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but it was necessary for me.

17. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I think you need to figure out what it is you want to achieve from life, and go from there. Do you want to get married and have kids? Have a well paying job and enjoy nights out with your friends? Be rich? Famous? Just try and figure out what you want from life, and then start considering the best options or paths there are for you to take to achieve it.

You say you don't know what you want to do, or be, then perhaps imagine scenarios in your head. Imagine what you think life would be like with a family, a 9 - 5 job and a loving wife and kids? Or out with friends? Or in the army? Imagining it, won't show you how it'll really be like, but it helps. Maybe you've tried this though.

Whatever you ultimately find is your goal in life, just do what's best for you and whatever makes you happy. That's all that counts. For now, not knowing what you want, it might be an idea to try a few different things. The Army isn't forever, and doing a bit of temping won't hurt it you decide to stay in work. Just be prepared if you do move, and even if you don't know what you want to do now, it's not the end of the world. You'll figure it out eventually.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.