Leaving SF...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ~CazzaAngel~, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I have been thinking this over awhile. There's a part of me that loves SF and doesn't want to leave but there's a part that is seriously considering leaving. I would like as many of your opinions as I can. I would like to know what you all think.. Should I leave? Please respond. :confused:
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

You need to do for you. People's opinions shouldn't matter, in the end it's what you feel is right and waht you feel you need to do. I hope either way you do come back and I hope all is well.
  3. life~death

life~death Well-Known Member

i dont think that you should leave SF, people will miss you on the forums and in chat but its up to you :hug:
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You have considered this many times in the past year and a half. People have responded to you with wishes that you should stay as you would be missed here. The same holds true now. As Kanani said, you need to do whatever is right for you. You are the only one that can truly answer that question. I hope that whatever you should decide, you are able to find relief and some happiness. Please take care of yourself and always stay safe. :hug:
  5. see

see Well-Known Member

yes the choice is yours my friend but why would you isolate yourself from friends and support a place where u can express and share.I know you think you not worthy but you are you have saved lives given comfort ad hope inspite of how you feel and yes it is confusing and hurting inside you but dont give up you can and will find peace and happiness but you have to stand strong even when you feel like running away and giving up.We all need a little help somtimes so I think you should stay :hug:
  6. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I'd say give yourself a two or three week break and see how you feel at the end of it, personally. I'm of the opinion that 99% of the reason somebody should come to a site like this is to feel better, not worse, at the end of the day...and if posting and reading here don't make you feel better, you simply shouldn't do it. I can't speak for others, but I'm personally too fragile to operate on any other basis. Anyway, if you take a break and feel better, to me that would strongly SF is hampering, not helping.

My $.02 and doubtless worth about half that. :wink:
  7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

The first concern of any poster here should be themselves, not anyone else. And sometimes even the dearest friends can be draining. You love them, but they just wipe you out...I don't mean being selfish or arrogant, simply acknowledging that sometimes you really can't take on the burdens of others, at least in the here and now. Maybe someday.
  8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

no no no
    I dont want you to leave, we dont want you to leave.
    but it's up to you, you'd be greatly missed, maybe take a break...then you can always come back!
  9. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

You need to do what's best for you.

We can only give our opinon on the matter, but in the end it comes down to what you want to do. Your health, both mentally and physically, is the most important thing to bear in mind and if leaving the forum for a short while is the key to helping you on your way to getting better then, yeah, take a short break. Just be aware that we will always be here for you and anybody else whoever needs support.
  10. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

Only you can decide what you do ~ but if your unsure..

Do you find SF helps?
    Would you miss the friendships, chat?
    If you left, would you come back if you required support?

Maybe take a break, I know sometimes it can make you feel worse when you read of others talking of su*, or any triggering topic...but we are all responsible for our own limits, and if were finding its not helping we may need to take a break ~ its not being selfish, but looking after our own needs.

what ever you decide to do, I'm sure you will be backed and respected.

Lost xx
  11. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Only you can make that decision Caz, we can't make it for you :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.