Left out on this site

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Disappear, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Anyone else get annoyed/upset by this?
    You join a site or are part of a site for a long time, but you are always the outcast and you see group of the 'main', 'popular' people and just feel left out?
  2. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

You've just joined, I'm not sure how you can feel left out already? It says December 2009 for your joining. People here try not to leave anyone out, but of course, there are the people that are always here, and then a hell of a lot of people just turn up, complain for a while, and disappear and don't come back. Everybody tries to involve everyone, but there will always be people who are better known. There're a few people here that are more helpful than anyone else, they'll always help no matter what they're going through themselves, and they're known for their kindness and generosity. Sorry, I can't spell all that well. This is a society, in a society, you have people who are more known than others. You just have to find a group of people to talk to. People like this place because it makes them feel at home. Everyone can talk to each other, but nobody likes everyone. You just have to find the small group of people that you get on with more than others.
  3. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Apologies, I just see that you've not said you feel left out here yet. I'm sorry for making that assumption.
  4. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I think I might have an idea of what you mean. You feel left apart anywhere, and here too. I felt rejected when I logged in here for the first time, but I feel like hhome, and I swear it's the only place I've ever felt so. SO wait a little and talk to people. You could be surprised.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I've never felt that way here. Use private messages, visitor messages, the chat room and posting on the forum to get more involved :) You have to reach out and make the effort too just like in real life :)
  6. Chameleo

Chameleo Member

I've felt that way on various sites, unfortunately.
  7. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Talk to people, ask questions, PM. This is the Internet, no need to be shy. Nobody gets directly ignored.
  8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I feel like that a lot lately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.