leg bandage

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MourningAngel, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

I decided that I want to try and wear 3/4 trousers and skirts in summer. That means I will have to SH somewhere else as I have c** my lower leg up until recently. I chose the area above the knee of my thigh as a new place so SH. I am not ready to stop self harming yet.
    Why am I writing this? Because I have trouble with the bandages. They keep slipping down. I thought the knee would be enough to keep them up but that doesn't work. Until now I always bandaged my arm to my wrist and my lower leg to my ankle so the bandages couldn't slip too far.
    Has anyone got an idea what I could do?
    If there is a similar thread on here already please post the link.
    thanks for your help in advance =)

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You can reach out for help that is there to obtain better coping skills to deal with your pain hun If you go to a pharmacy they will have bandages that will stick to your skin larger ones to cover your self harm so they do not fall down Hope you reach out to get the support you deserve to heal

3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Also dressings and tape may work and as TE says get some help and support. You're worth it.

4. EX1T

EX1T Member

Not sure if I'm allowed to give this advice.. Probably not as it doesn't involve seeing anybody else..

<mod edit>

But yeah go speak to someone about "better" coping strategies, my shrink actually let me be when I had to see them last week and just reminded me of safety first.

There's loads of alternatives though, I give myself 5 minutes... Snap a tight rubber band, crush some ice cubes in my bare hands or scrape my hands along sandpaper... But most of the time it's just not enough... I need to "see" for myself that I'm still here...

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.