Legal Highs??

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ksweetman, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ksweetman

Ksweetman New Member

Okay. So it may not seem like much, but what are your views on legal highs?
    I have to have it everyday or I start to panic, I get the shakes and sweating if I don't have it!
    It's badly affecting my mental health and is making my issues worse!

So what do you think?
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Legal highs are the devil, and probably a lot worse than illegal highs because they are more readily available.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Headshops that sold legal highs in Ireland were made illegal a few years back. I have read some stories though on the dailymail website and other news outlets where they are portrayed as being very dangerous even leading to fatalities. If you need help overcoming your addiction, please get help and see your doctor.
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

There are no "legal highs" - as the way they are used to get are are not in accordance with directions. They are as dangerous if not more dangerous than any "hard street drug" as they are simply toxic chemicals mixed together in china in random amounts that keep changing to avoid the import regulations.

Since using any of the products to get high involves using in a manner not consistent with labeling which is illegal the whole term is scam used to rope people int thinking it is legal when it is not and since sold at the counter of stores that have no sense of social responsibility people think it is safe - when it is not.

(sorry - I closed this thread earlier and should not have as was in substance abuse forum and was a question about that)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  5. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

The government, police, and store proprietors know damn well what people are going to use those things for, they just don't care because they're making money off of it. The government gets taxes from it and that's all they care about and cops know damn well what people do with them, but for the most part they leave head shops alone unless they have nothing better to do at the time or have to meet a quota. You think anybody really expects people to use a bong for tobacco? Come on, now. So if nobody really cares unless they're trying to cover their ass, of course people are going to get legal highs and use them improperly.

However, having done almost everything under the sun myself when it comes to both legal and illegal highs, I wouldn't say that legal drugs are worse than illegal ones. Illegal drugs are more addictive and more dangerous because you never know what they're being cut with. However, head shops aren't the only places you can get legal highs. You can get vials of whipped cream at most gourmet baking shops, you can get DXM over the counter at any pharmacy in the even if head shops were banned, people would still find ways that are technically "legal". They have banned some things over the years though, I remember when Salvia used to be legal and you could get it in a head shop and now you can't. And at this point, for the most part there really aren't that many things you can get in a head shop anymore that will give you a decent high...most of that shit is either paraphanalia or just bullshit that won't even get you high. And the few things that are left that will, are extremely expensive and not worth getting addicted to unless you have money growing out of your ass.
  6. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Legal highs SUCK. They'll really fuck you up, and you might never come back. They KILL!!! Not gonna tell ya examples of the shit I've done.

AVOID EM' completely!

Get high on music....:)
  7. Petal

I DO LOL! I don't know what I would do without realy does enhance your mood :)
  8. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. get high on music... *thinks back to a previous username of Petal... - and chuckles*
  9. Petal

hahaha it is my escape from reality, it helps just as much as medication lol a serious mood enhancer :)
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I use caffeine and chocolate...I guess those are kind of like legal highs :lol:
  11. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

LOL - The best dope, without question!
  12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah! Can't seem to go a day without it :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.