Lent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm not overly religious but I do think there's a higher power such as God. For the 40 days of lent I am giving up chocolate/take away's/all junk food and will donate to the homeless.

Anyone else giving up anything for lent? Or taking up something?

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Petal

I intended on giving up diet pop.....and sweets but it was an failure. Ended up getting the worst flu so guess I'm working in giving up diet coke and as much sweets I can give up til Easter

How are you doing with yours?

RCee

I'm not overly religious but I do think there's a higher power such as God. For the 40 days of lent I am giving up chocolate/take away's/all junk food and will donate to the homeless.

Anyone else giving up anything for lent? Or taking up something?
When is Lent?

Lilyfrog

Lent is a period of fasting, moderation, and self-denial traditionally observed by Catholics and some Protestant denominations. It begins with Ash Wednesday and ends with Easter Sunday. 40 days it lasts. During Lent, participants eat sparingly or give up a particular food or habit.
I am hoping to give chocolate and crisps.

DrownedFishOnFire

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@RCee

It started Feb 14th, which was the same day as Valentines day this year and will end Easter April 1st which is April fools.

Catholics got it rough this year for sure!

Cheers

DrownedFishOnFire

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@walkerbait95

Actually tried to give up diet pop and now seem I am doing well I only have it once in a while for now when I am eating out. A habit I am glad to get under control. Now drinking water more along with Powerade drinks.

Now for the sweets. Have cut down significantly on purchasing them everywhere. It is going well over here on my part yay.

@Petal how is it progressing for u

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was doing quite well until I started eating my feelings away. Comfort eating chinese foods, cakes, biscuits, you name it. I am sad I couldn't do it right but there's always another chance eh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00