Less then 24hrs left until appointment

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Phil smith, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Phil smith

Phil smith Member

I'm Finally going to do something about this crippling disease. My appointment to get help is less then a day away. I'm So excited. I want to get better. I'm Sick of my life the way it is and can't do it anymore. I've heard that when people like me get the right Meds they become the happiest people. I hope that's true. I know it takes a while for The meds to work. I've been on them before but couldn't afford to continue. I really hope this is the answer that I've been looking for.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Re: Less then 24hrs left

Hi Phil, I really hope that getting the professional help you need will help you so much, I gather from your post that they worked before too? Best of luck to you my friend and let us know it goes. You are definitely doing the right thing. Get well safely and soon,

Kind regards

Petal x

3. Phil smith

Phil smith Member

Yeah they worked great and I was in jail!!! Once I got out I cou afford them since it was 1500$ a month.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Do you have insurance or prescription discount plans? 1500 a month thats so much money. Wow.

5. Petal

I hope that last 0 was a typo! 1500 is insane!!! 150 not so bad. Can you clarify?!

6. Phil smith

Phil smith Member

Yes. 1500$. I was taking 60mg of lexipro and depiakote(can't remember the dose) and saphris which was new at the time. I tried geodone but it made me have a seizure.

7. Phil smith

Phil smith Member

The mental health system is fucked! Why would they have me sit there and hash out all of my old shit just to tell me that I can even start talking the Meds for over a month. Then it takes another month for them to work. The only way to get immediate help is if I'm going to do something stupid. I just want to get better but it is taking forever. I felt like crap all day because of this. And the woman at the front desk is super rude. What a waste of time.

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Is there a way for you to go to a different doc? Which country are you from?

9. Petal

wow that was not a typo. 1500, that would take quite the bite out of your wallet.

Those medications can take 6-8 weeks to work, I know it's a real drag but it will be worth it once you have finished. In the meantime do not hurt yourself, you do not have to attempt to get help, in the mean time there should be drugs such as benzodiazepines that you could take on an as needed basis, they work immediately. That might work. It's all I can think of right now at nearly 3am.

Keep us updated, also could you explain what the whole 1500 is actually covers or is for?