Let It Go Tuesday Cafe

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Godsdrummer, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Good Morning.

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow isnt here. Today is where we are.

So, today, I am gonna let everything go, as Tim McGraw would say, I'm gonna hold my head up high!

As Pat Benatar once said, "You can't change the past, so why let it haunt you."

Today. What are we gonna do today?

No suicidal thoughts today. No writing notes, none of it.

Today is a day to live. Even if just in the moment that we find ourselves in, with this day.

Let it go, man, just let it go.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. fweeps

fweeps Staff Alumni

Letting it go today...letting it go
  3. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

Good morning/afternoon :)

Maybe it would be better for all of us if we think like this - one day at a time, not weeks and months ahead, not- How am I gonna survive this year, or next month, or Christmas all by myself,... maybe we should try and focus just on this day - Today I'll try to make it work, I'll just think of what I have to do today, could do today, clean my closet, go out with the dog, try something different for lunch...
  4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Agreed. Day by day.

And if you have any faith, try this prayer;

Grant me the serenity to accept the changes I can not change
    The courage to change the things I can and,
    The wisdom to know the difference.
  5. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Hye everyone. Just came back from the gym....oh wait that's exactly what I posted yesterday.

Gonna take a shower and then see some posts here and there, see who needs help and all.

Hope everyone's doing even marginally fine.
  6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Afternoon everybody.
    Had a shocking day so far, blood tests upon blood tests this morning (they seriously drained me of what felt like pints!) and then I went to the hairdressers to cheer myself up but fell asleep in the chair. How... I don't know seeing as they were yanking my head every which way!

Hope everyone is well!
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Hey Linds! Hope those blood tests turn out ok.
  8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hey Bill!
    Me too! I'm really worried, I've had this 'mystery illness' for over a month now and I'm started to get scared.
    I have some more tests next Weds, even more unpleasant ones. Ugh! Thank God hospitals, nudity and being poked don't freak me out. lol
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have been known to be a bit of a horn dog from time to time, and so when I see the workds, nudity and poked, in the same sentence....well.... lmao!
  10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi everyone i take each day as well sometimes each hour today is good so far
    Took daughter to a special tea place brought sis some much needed food and meds she has got flu. Then i am off to work take care.
  11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Sorry about your daughter V.
  12. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

When you "lose" blood the muscles recieve less oxygen thus it's easier to fall asleep, perfectly normal reaction lol.

Btw, care to share what they'll be testing? (sorry if that's invading your privacy, should that be the case, just ignore this question).

I remember when I was having blood tests weekly to diagnose my then-undiagnosed CFS... at some point I looked like a vampire from the pints of blood they had to take from me.

Sorry to hear about your sis Violet. Is it the common flu or the A one? Either way I hope she gets better as fast as possible :)

Guys, is it me or 1)the forums are slower than usual and 2)we're getting more new members than usual? Maybe it's just me but it sure seems that way.
  13. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I bought some new makeup today after school.

Grandma lives here now for a few days btw :)
  14. morfea

Hi Little! Hope you take of that makeup before you go to bed, I can't make my daughter do that and it's so important for beautiful skin :pixie:.

Linds, I hope the blood tests will soon solve the mistery, I'm goin thru something similar, they're not sure whether it's the thyroid or working in night shifts that makes me tired and sooo sleepy. Anyway, one more test to do and that will finally be it, at least I hope so :unsure:

Vi, hope your daughter get better soon.

Pedro, I really wouldn't know, but I know :sf:
  15. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Hey morfea, how are you doing today?
  16. morfea

Quite all right thanks Pedro
    Actually working the night shift tonight, but not much work :(
    also :) for me, because I'm able to post here and surf
    and you?
  17. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Hmm I'm kinda ok, tough I'm alittle bummed from getting no feedback for my Ezine article since it's my first and I'm unsure about how people would react to it. But oh well, such is the ways of life. (btw, not asking anyone to read it, just stating...)

Currently I'm preety much going back and forth between playing guitar, playing a video game and coming here. Btw, sorry if I'm asking more than you're willing to reveal, but what do you do for a living? All that I know is that you work the night shifts sometimes, but that vague lol.
  18. morfea

It's ok Pedro. Not very interesting job, spedition and customs clearance on the border (we're still not in EU). We feel the recession quite heavy and work is very slow, night shifts especially.
    So, you play a guitar, wanna play something here? :) I love flamenco.
  19. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Ah I see, but you're not the customs officers who get to check the containers and all right? I have a friend whose dad is a customs officer and he has the grossest stories about his inspections lol.

I play guitar, bass and piano, playing is one of the few things I really like doing. If I become a millionaire, I think I'd buy a music studio and become an hermit in it lol.

I used to play alot of flamenco back in music school, both when learning and later teaching, tough I kinda stopped after I left the school. My hand picking pattern must be a bit rusty nowadays lol.

I'd like to get a specialized flamenco guitar later on and practice it again, good flamenco is great but can be hellish to play, like that gypsy folk music, I have a music sheet here with gypsy music that still cracks my brain open.
  20. morfea

No, I'm not the customs officer, and wouldn't want to be, they have better salaries with the same education and working in shifts as we do, but it's almost like having a job in the police or the army, too much pressure and hierarchy. But I work with them, preparing the customs declarations for the goods that enter or pass thru the country.
    I love music too, couldn't live without it, literally. Almost all kinds, gypsy is good too, but my first and still greatest love is rock, and Jim Morrison has been my saviour, many times helped me stay alive. I could listen to some of their songs all day long, hundreds times. It's a bit freaky maybe, but wth, I don't care any more what others think of my music taste, or any other, one of the advatages of age :)
    And what are you studying Pedro?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.