let me give up

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Oceans, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

My parents don't believe in me. They don't believe I am competent in anything. It is so hard to do anything substantial in this world when these thoughts of my parents believing that I'll fail takes over. I know I shouldn't let them affect me as they do because I'm an adult now.

I want to give up, this is too hard. I don't want to face another year. I want to self-destruct. I have also been on this forum long enough to know taking repeated overdose just destroys your body. I still want to though...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun what you do is get angry i know they say anger is not always good but it can be hun use the energy from anger and show them your parents and all who doubt you that you are capable and that you as an adult can be responsible and that you will not let them or anyone hurt you again ok Don't harm you they do that enough ok YOU take care of you hun because like i have been told only YOU can take care of YOU not anyone else hugs

3. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

it is soo hard to fight right now....

4. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I can't keep the thoughts/urges at bay

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Instead of proving them right, prove them wrong. You're an adult now. Work hard to achieve goals and go after successes that you can hold up, if you feel a need, and vindicate yourself with. My mom never believed in me and ignores my successes... I know how it can hurt, but I have come to also understand that it no longer matters. All that matters in the end is what you think about yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.