Let me tell you what pain really is...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Silently-Hated, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Silently-Hated

Silently-Hated Well-Known Member

Pain isn't just the emotional crap that most everyone goes through, it isn't the simple hit of the face or falling off a bike. Its not something that should be taken lightly in some cases, and in others it should. Simple pain can be healed by a bandage and medicine, or stitches maybe.
    My kind of pain is far deeper... I've had to walk with a broken bone in my foot for two to three weeks and by then there wasn't much to be done with it. Yeah maybe not that bad
    I've dealt with a pulled muscle in my back for a year and ten months I was supposed to go to physical therapy, guess that didn't work out. Ok maybe not that bad
    Now get this, back in December which was six months ago I was working in the yard I dropped a limb on my knee causing something to crack and possibly break. It's June now, the pain has gotten worse I am put to tears most nights because of it, I can barely walk, I have to walk lightly and as is my leg shakes every time I set my foot down. Now that isn't so bad, but add this, from my knee down there's tremendous amount of pain and sometimes my leg goes numb, not that big of a deal is it? Then you get the pulling in the thigh, oh but it doesn't matter.
    Let's add another thing, my gums have also been bleeding and going numb, no reason I guess. But it's not that big of a deal.
    Now all that ain't real pain, real pain is them looking at you and telling you to stop faking it and to walk it off, and that I shouldn't be able to walk if that was the case. Or how they ask and go for the lesser of the situation and nod and comment about it, ignoring the real pain.
    Pain what a valuable thing...

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

sounds like a lotta pain there Silently..:console:
    chronic pain is debilitating!

can I ask who 'them' are?
    have you had x rays on the knee, etc.?

3. Silently-Hated

Silently-Hated Well-Known Member

Them are the people I live with. N nothing on my knee or anything they don't believe me