let police know you've had suicide attempt?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by widowertoo, Oct 3, 2009.

1. widowertoo

widowertoo Member

I get tired of people making fun of me and the next time I call the police on someone making fun of me all day, should you tell the police that you have had suicide attempts next time your really tired of some one?
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

If you are feeling suicidal, it is one way to get some help for yourself. Answer their questions honestly. They are trained look for certain things, and the conclusion of their observation will determine if they take you to the hospital. If an individual has been drinking or is under the influence of mind altering drugs, in this county they take the person to jail to sober up first.
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

In most major cities in the U.S., as far as I know, if they hear that you have attempted, they will probably suggest you call the suicide hotline.

If you are being made fun of, they are probably not going to do much of anything. Don't expect any love from the police based on how much you love yourself.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

the police just don't care they have no skills dealing with mentally ill they don't care they just want the mentally illpeison togo away to shut up to smarten up i hate them they hurt my sister they treated her like garbage i don't have any respect now
  5. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Well that's your experience and it doesn't apply to everyone. You're just evoking fear. widowertoo may have no where else to turn.
  6. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

theres 2 threads called this...

i almost got arrested for trying to kill myself. my neighbour saw me and called them. i almost got charged with wasting police time. the police can kiss my ass from now on.
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

NEVER EVER tell ANYONE about suicidal feelings or attempts, unless you wish to be deprived of your rights and thrown in something more-or-less approximating prison with no trial.
  8. necrodude

fair play, thats a good point, but sometimes its better to tell people.
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I have yet to encounter a single situation that wasn't made worse.
  10. necrodude

yeah but what does individual experiences mean to the many? its like drugs, 1 bad trip can kill you, but most people are fine. i agree with you. my situation hasnt improved, but talking on here has given me insight.
  11. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

i think if you tell them that, they may institionalize you.

idk really, sorry :(
  12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm around if you want to talk. Hope you'll tell us more about what's going on. You don't deserve to be made fun of.
  13. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I mean, I've yet to encounter a situation where telling about it helps.
  14. necrodude

i get you. but hasnt it helped you here? i know its not exactly the same, but the same sorta thing really isnt it?
  15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It's different here, yeah - you're not judged and can't be persecuted.
  16. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

If you are telling them you have had suicide attempts in the past just to get them to respond to the people making fun of you, I don't think that is the right thing to do. If you are suicidal at the time, then contact EMS instead. Raely does law enforcement have time to respond to a call where people are making fun of someone unless some sort of physical violence is involved, or your safety is threatened in some way. Maybe you need to look into getting an Order of Protection. Then they have to respond if the condition of the order is breeched.
  17. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your right im sorry please i am sure if you call police you will get the help you need take care
  18. widowertoo

widowertoo Member

That's what I get? I was wanting more like,

"for the sake of my heart attack that I'm trying to avoid, sometimes I don't include all the information; when I'm supposed to. And I'm calling the authorities and having the occasional "wise up patrol" is healthy for many reasons."

I wanted to hear some support when trying to port some "crude commadores" into more permenent elsewhere quarters when trying to tolerate untoleratable people and such. Or even if someone would want to tell me that they too ushered some "stiff old coot", out of his or her sight; with the aid of the CoStaBLE ON PATrOL, then well I was looking for that too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009