Lets all beat depression together

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by eddizle, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddizle

eddizle Member

i think its a good idea for us to share the ways which we are combating depression and saddness and how they are helping, i have tried counselling, meds, positive thinking and the like to help combat depression.

Lets all try not to blame others for our saddness, lets try take responsibility for our lives and give a great effort in trying to steer away from being sad all the time

I know depression and the like are all state of minds, as we learn to change our minds the depression shifts so does our general life experience

when i started positive thinking things became much better, i used to be a total recluse but after positive thinking i became more outgoing. Thats after i read a book called "heal your life" i know is a corny book but it helps to a point

I read a bunch of other books by people who were depressed or suicidal an how they overcame it, One that stands out is a book called A thousand names for joy about how a lady who was suicidal realised that all her thoughts were untrue, all that existed was what she was looking at nothing else,

Anyway positive thinking has worked for me somewhat, i have improved a lot alothough now i fell metally and emotionally tired and fed up of always trying to be free from sadness

How have you guys been trying to beat depression and saddness????:biggrin::smile:

2. Bograt

Bograt Active Member

I prefer to beat depression with a stick, or a good sized piece of pipe. :rolleyes:

(rimshot)

In all seriousness I must confess that when I come out of my bleak moods it is usually my Wife that is pulling me up. When I was alone, it was not so much a matter or "what I did to get happy" as much as it was a matter of surviving myself and waiting for it to get better. Books help, and sharing how I feel and helping others helps me a lot to. Finding ways to get other people to feel good often times distracts me from my own problems and helps my mood improve.

3. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I've tried positive thinking many times. It feels great for a short period, and then I find some new way to fuck up my life and I crash.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

iv been trying to beat depression and sadness by thinking positive and making the best of the situation I'm in and by drinking vodka:tongue:, not surprisingly my plan is failing:sad:

5. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I don't think I have the will to be positive any more. I have ups but most of my time i'm down and when I get depressed.. it hits me like a bus. I just feel like I want to cry and scream at the same time. I wish I could disappear. I fucking hate this world. I can't see a future

6. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

i read the book of Psalms in the Bible every morning. my mood changes all by itself, unlike when i used to try to be positive as this would only be temporary. i quit trusting in myself and now i hope in my maker. i praise Him in the midst of my sadness. i thank Him inspite of my curcumstances. if you think you were dealt a bad hand, look around you. go to the hospital.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.