Lets give this a shot

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by bookworm2010, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookworm2010

bookworm2010 Member

Hello,
    I'm goin as bookworm2010 here. I'm depressive and periodically suicidal. I've cut, burned, cried myself to sleep and fantasized about ending it all. I managed to feel better for awhile with my handy psyc meds but I wonder if they've lost their kick. Can't go back to the psyc cause my folks have my insurance. So I'll try just postin.

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Hey bookworm :)

Welcome to SF, I hope posting here makes you feel better and that those meds keep working for you! :tongue:

Se ya round :smile:

3. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

Hi Bookworm. Sometimes that happens and the meds need to be adjusted. I don't understand but it doesn't sound like an option right now. I hope posting helps you as well.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Bookworm!!

5. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

:hiya: welcome to the forum, I hope you find the help and support you need here.

Take Care

Rich

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Welcome to SF bookworm. :hug:

7. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

:welcome:

I love your name, bookworm!

This is a great place. I hope you find a home and lots of support here.

8. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

hi bookworm2010 welcome to the forum! :stars:

9. bookworm2010

bookworm2010 Member

I was clearly having a bad night last night and failed to explain well. I have been on Prozac and trazodone for the last three years. Ironically my triggers seem to be my parents who do not know that I'm on psyc meds who I live with :(. I lost my job and health insurance last year and right now I'm just on my mother's insurance. She thinks that seeing a shrink is stupid and they will just happily give meds for anything (eye roll). Lately she has been paying attention to my doctor visits and asks me about them when they show up on her insurance bill as paid. If I go see a shrink to get my meds adjusted she will find out and I can't deal with that on top of every other issue I have with living here right now. So instead I'm taking meds that aren't having much kick anymore and trying to cope on my own.

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. Sometimes a psych will adjust the meds without having to see you in person. Have you tried this before? It can be very hard when your parents, or anyone else, fail to comprehend what they put us through with their unwillingness to let a person seek proper help. I hope you are able to figure out a way to get your meds adjusted so they work well for you again. Take care. :hug:

11. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. I hope you get the support you're looking for. I'm around if you would ever need/want to talk. Also, Gentlelady is right, maybe call your p-doc and they could just try adjusting it without seeing you. Take care. :hug:

12. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF . try ringing ur pdoc as others have meantioned , and if all else fails ive found that talking helps , we are here to listen :)

13. bookworm2010

bookworm2010 Member

I hadn't thought of that. I'll give him a call tomorrow. Thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.