lets help each other through the pain

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
ok the reason for this thread is I noticed a lot of people who suffer moderate to severe pain. people empathise and it's really appreciated but no one understands chronic pain more than one who suffers. any one can post support etc. but I hope all of us that suffer can support each other through the good and bad times. please if you suffer a lot of pain feel free to post, maybe together we can help each other. mike as a way to be consistent we'll measure the pain on a scale of 1-10

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
as most of you know I suffer uncontrolled leg pain. with the opioids i'm on I live in a 5 or 6 range daily. my pain spikes to approximately 8-10 for approximately 2x a day because my meds are 12 hour med and stops working early and takes a while for the new dose to work. I have to fight those thoughts every day when it spikes but usually only lasts for a few minuetes because I taught myself how to redirect my thoughts thanks to suggestions from SF. sometimes it lasts longer and it's more difficult to deal with, and on rare occasions I actually seriously consider it. I also have lower back pain that makes bending over difficult. I have learned finally to keep pushing through the pain and do more increasing my quality of life. what is your pain and how do you deal with it? mike

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My right knee pain is consistent a solid 3 everyday. The worst Headaches can spike to 10 that Im throwing up. I am on 3 maintence medications to keep the h3adaches under control but acts of Nature screws up the pressure and it can be 2-10 on a given hour/day. Am on pain medications and am allergic to anti inflammatory meds (NSAIDs) i am so tempted to take naproxen out of sprite and die because alot of medications sugguested has nsaids.

Thank you Mike for making this thread.

DrownedFishOnFire

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
How I handle my pain is just letting it become one with me. Each heartbeat equals twinge of pain. I try to excerise other areas to distract myself from the pain. Do some stretches. Drinking more fluids

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry you struggle so. it is very difficult to deal with pain on a daily basis. I know bad headache can be very destructive for you besides pain, nausea light sensitivity etc. i'm fortunate I get them very rarely. please know i'm here for you, it may not relieve the pain but it may help knowing you're not alone. mike

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Pain and I are at a standstill today. I have accomplished NOTHING because getting out of the chair seems an insurmountable task. I have things I need to be doing. Tasks I need to be completing and I'm able to do none of it. Sorry, I'm a bit frustrated. I've been attempting to keep my comments on today's condition to myself.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
please @Nick don't be sorry for reply about your condition that's why I started this thread, for those of us that suffer chronic pain to have a place to say i'm not doing well today, also when we have a good day come in and say I did ok today. we have to help each other we know pain because we live it. mike *hug

Fleury Dragon

Rawr 🐲
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
I have numerous things that cause my pain, ranging from fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis down to ibs, obesity and old injuries. Currently on meds that for the most part help. But I still have days where I'm consumed by pain, like now. Sitting at around an 8 and feeling annoyed because I am very sleepy but can't lie down. Touch sensitive tonight and the osteoarthritis in my neck is causing more issues. Feeling disheartened.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I have numerous things that cause my pain, ranging from fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis down to ibs, obesity and old injuries. Currently on meds that for the most part help. But I still have days where I'm consumed by pain, like now. Sitting at around an 8 and feeling annoyed because I am very sleepy but can't lie down. Touch sensitive tonight and the osteoarthritis in my neck is causing more issues. Feeling disheartened.
I'm sorry that today is a bad day for the pain. I hope you are able to get some sleep.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I know it's hard to live with when pain gets too high. once a person reaches 7 it's hard to get comfortable. once you get to 8 or more it's hard to do anything for a longer period, including sitting or laying down, and sleep is all but impossible. I hope you can get the level down. let us know. mike

Fleury Dragon

Rawr 🐲
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
I know it's hard to live with when pain gets too high. once a person reaches 7 it's hard to get comfortable. once you get to 8 or more it's hard to do anything for a longer period, including sitting or laying down, and sleep is all but impossible. I hope you can get the level down. let us know. mike
Thanks for support, drifted off to sleep sitting up surrounded by pillows and managed 4hrs sleep. Woke up this morning tired but pain has dropped to a 6 so an improvement.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
5 or 6 range takes a lot out of you but you can do more. I hope it will go down a little more for you. mike

DrownedFishOnFire

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Start of a migraine. Its going to be one for the books. Weather related? Heading to work in a hour and am holding off taking pain med til im in the door at work so i dont put others at risk when im driving on the highway.

DrownedFishOnFire

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Start of a migraine. Its going to be one for the books. Weather related? Heading to work in a hour and am holding off taking pain med til im in the door at work so i dont put others at risk when im driving on the highway

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00