Lets just smile..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by frankie626, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankie626

frankie626 Active Member

I think i could be a actor.. I'm so good at this. Always smiling plenty of jokes to make people laugh.. Look at me.. Don't I look so happy.. So confident even a bit arrogant at times. God why does it hurt so much.. This weight in my chest. How much longer do I have to pretend.. Like every things just so fine and lovely.. Is it really that wrong what I'm thinking.. If my folks knew how I would be feeling.. This whole life of mine.. Would they still have chosen to have me.. Would they be so selfish..
  2. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

You sound like you have a lot going on on your head at the moment. What has got you feeling so low? We are here to listen and support you.

Keep talking. try and be strong. A few years ago I felt exactly how you described except the end bit when you say:

Would they still have chosen to have me.. Would they be so selfish.. .

I kinda know how you feel.

Here if you want to talk.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

The only way you will know for sure that they won't like what you are saying is to sit down and talk to them. You need to be serious when you talk to them. No false bravodos.
    I recently sat down with my parents and talked to them. They took it o.k. My dad told me that he didn't understand how I could feel this way. He said he didn't understand but that he would accept it. You have to remember they were brought up by a whole different set of rules.
    I hope you are able to sit down with them and close the gap between you. Good luck and we are here to talk to you and to support you, so don't think you are alone in this...:chopper:
  4. derbygirl

derbygirl Chat and Forum Buddy

You're not alone in experiencing these feelings and hiding it all. So many people disguise their feelings of depression and pain as they are uncertain or afraid of anothers reaction.

The best thing i ever did was to sit down and talk to my family and friends about what was happening for me They too found it hard to understand and accept, but they, eventually, supported me and still do.

To talk to someone about what is going on is the biggest lump of weight to dispense of.

I hope you can find someone to talk to and gain support. We're here at SF to listen and support each other through the tough times. Feel free to PM.

5. frankie626

frankie626 Active Member

Thanks for all the support. It means a lot to me
  6. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Pretending to be happy is only going to make your depression worse. You need to tell people how you feel. Your family needs to know, they need to protect you from yourself.

Parents being selfish... that's a funny topic.
    I always tell my dad he could of wore a condom.... he laughs at me, maybe I was joking.
  7. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

*puts on a fake smile*

...nothing new.:wink:
  8. Rachael41

Rachael41 Well-Known Member

i understand completely hw u feel.

I think that lots of people pretend theyr "happy" and force a smile every day because it seems easier.

But ppl that arent like us, never realise and when they do, they dont understand.

i know hw u feel because i feel it to. every single day
  9. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

lol another fake smile here :unsure:

but a real hug
    well as real as an internet hug can be.
  10. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

11. innocencexisxlove

innocencexisxlove Well-Known Member

*crosses fingers*
    I'm Smiling Too