Let's talk about hobbies that we love!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Neverender, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Neverender

Neverender Active Member

Tell me of your hobbies and the things you love :)

I play guitar, write music, poetry, etc... I also love to tinker with all kinds of projects... electrical wiring, handyman repairs, and all sorts of little projects I can wrap my little perfectionist brain around. I went to school to be a mechanic, so I'm a total gearhead (oil in my blood!) and now since I've been in a really depressed rut lately I'm currently thinking about buying my first motorcycle so I can learn a new skill and have something fun I can go out in the world and do, and get my head wrapped around a new passion.

What I want to know is.... What do my fellow SF'ers do that they are passionate about? It can be anything. Please feel free to tell me- do you collect watches? stamps? work on computers? knit/crochet? ANYTHING GOES!

Humor me with a light-hearted and happy thread we can all have fun with :)

2. Lazerous

Lazerous Member

I have a few hobbies, I'm really into computer stuff whether it be gaming,video editing or anything with computers i like, i also play guitar (i'm not very musically talented so i suck lol) i enjoy working out like running and stuff i've been doing jiu jitsu for about 5 or 6 years now i think and i'm just getting back into it after like a 2 or 3 month break, i wouldn't say i'm a gear head but i love classic cars my fave being the 1967 impala (yeah i'm a supernatural fanboy lol) and i really like working with my hands
  3. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

I like to do things for and with animals. I love my cat, and try to gain her love, love my dog and try to "mother her", care for my horse in a herdly way, and am a chickenmama to my babies ive hatched in my incubator. I like making things for them, like a halter for my new lamb, or a lead for my horse, or a feeder and nest box for my hens. I love to write, draw and stuff like that. i like making things with wood. i like using my hands and being able to say "i did that" ya kno?

oh and i also run alot... though its more of a stress reliever
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
  4. letty

letty Banned Member

I love taking pictures of people, animals, plants, anything that catches my eye. I collect stamps , and I love going on road trips, I visited 30 states in 1year and have a collection of state magnets. I collect anything eagle. and I love to do puzzles. and i enjoy building things
  5. Descendant

Descendant Account Closed

Good thread Neverender. :)

I like to go hiking/biking a lot with my dog, it's really the only thing that's kept me happy over the years. Anytime I get stressed or sad I just go out in the woods for a couple hours and watch Onyx chase deer haha.

I also read a lot, mostly sci-fi or military books. I used to be a huge gamer but I realized that I was getting way too addicted to it and ignoring things that mattered much more, so I sold all my gear and don't regret it - I've been more productive since I got rid of all that stuff.

I wish I had some mechanical skill like you though, saves a lot of money and it's very practical knowledge you can put to everyday use. You should go for it and get that motorcycle!
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I collect postcards, keychains, magnets, pins, souvenirs, and lots of other stuff. I like going for long walks around nature trails, writing all sorts of things, reading, doing crossword puzzles, penpalling, and more. I want to try some new hobbies too. One that I had in mind was to start making jewelry. I think that could be fun, especially with the nice jewelry pieces I've seen. I might start journalling again too.
  7. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

reading. juggling (i'm not even kidding!). making music -- the old school way, not with a computer. walking. building things. fixing broken things. climbing things, mostly trees cause that's all there is to climb here. writing. sometimes gaming but not really.

i used to draw a lot and photoshop things. i only ever photoshop for a purpose nowadays though. not for the heck of it.

oh, but i do like taking photos.
  8. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

reading, gardening, talking with people, knitting, cooking, not really sure what else I like to do :p