Let's try to stop the cutting together:)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by jjustme, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjustme

jjustme Guest

Hey everybody

Maybe I'm too optimistic at the moment, but I think I have to:unsure:

Tonight (in the netherlands about 9,5 hours) the new year will start... And I think it'll be a VERY good start to try to stop the cutting:smile:

And maybe you think: pfff I'm always trying to stop the cutting, so why would I try it again, or why would I stop now...
    I don't know...
    But maybe when there are more people who wants to stop, and who support the others, we can do it:smile:

I wish everybody a great, happy and healty new year, WITHOUT cutting, depression, lonelyness, etc.

Come on, let's try, you can do it!:hug:

2. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

I like optimism :smile:

Count me in..in a way, although last time i tried stopping with someone was not so great. But I'm more ready now, I think, recent slip up aside...:smile: Anyway, what can be wrong with trying, as long as you don't put too much pressure on yourself and accept slip ups might happen. And hey, one of my new yrs resolutions is to be more optimistic :smile: (And another was to stop SI so there you go).

Good luck to you. Happy new year. :biggrin:

3. jjustme

jjustme Guest

yeah, don't put too much pressure on yourself... That's what I'm always doing and that's why it always go wrong...

4. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i´ll give it a try too, and see what happens

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

One day at a time, and celebrate each day as a victory. If it happens that a fall should take place, then remember the times you were strong and did not fall. Pick yourself up and start anew. I have faith in each and everyone of you. You can do this, and having others support you in the effort is wonderful. Now if I could only believe in myself .........

6. jane doe

this may sound funny but how shoukd i stop cutting if 5 minutes after the new years began, i hurted myself (not intencionaly) whit a knife at dinner? lol

7. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Hun if it was an accident its not self hariming so dont worry about it :wink:

Well one of my new years resolutions (my main one really) is to stop self harming, so you can count me in :wink:

Just gotta encourage myself :smile: put how many days in my MSN screen name :smile: that seemed to help last time :biggrin:

8. jjustme

jjustme Guest

yeah that's a good one:smile:

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Thought I would check to see how everyone is doing so far. I want to encourage each and everyone of you. Stay safe. :hug:

10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Well nearly thru my official first day even tho i havn't self harmed in the past few weeks but im gonna start counting from today ;)

11. jjustme

jjustme Guest

Well, it feels like i haven't cut for 3 weeks or something, but it's just 3 days:dry: But I haven't still cut in the new year:yeah: The urge is harder then I thought... I'm thinking about it all day long, that makes me tired...
    But THIS is the moment I have most chance that i can do it, because of the new year... It's the best reason I can think of... I hope it'll be easier after a couple of days...
    Good luck everybody:hug:

12. jane doe

hang on hun we all are in this togheter. take care. get some ice with your hands or go too sleep early. i´m here if you need to talk

13. maleficum

maleficum Member

I'm going to try too :)
    even though I did cut when I was totally off-my-face-drunk on New Year's Eve
    but I haven't cut in 2007
    and I'm going to try really really really hard not to ever
    no matter how much I do in my dreams
    and nightmares
    we can beat it eventually :)

14. jjustme

jjustme Guest

good luck maleficum:hug:

15. maleficum

maleficum Member

thankies :)
    ugh. school is really testing my willpower.

16. jjustme

jjustme Guest

Really? Have you school at the moment... I thought the whole world had christmasholiday this 2 weeks.
    Sorry, offtopic :shy:
    Ontopic: I still haven't cut and I can't wait to tell my psych tomorrow that I haven't cut in the new year:cool: Good luck everybody:hug:

17. maleficum

maleficum Member

I did have two weeks off, must've been earlier than other people in the world. ^.^
    Well done! Me neither. I hope everybody is doing okay. :hug:

18. jane doe

people 8 days has past now

19. jjustme

jjustme Guest

And I broke my rules friday night:shy: I STARTED THIS TOPIC BUT I CAN'T EVEN DO IT :mad:
    But I'm trying again... I don't give up, I have to stop. 1 mistake, no more.

Good luck everybody!!!!
    :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

20. maleficum

maleficum Member

:hug: I hope you're alright jjustme :hug: I admire your attitude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.